Bolt is a fully integrated Canadian ecommerce fulfillment and last-mile logistics partner with facilities in Toronto, Vancouver, Montreal, and Ottawa. We offer cost-effective, technology-first solutions to seamlessly manage and securely store inventory, fulfill ecommerce orders and deliver best-in-class customer experiences.
We are an adaptable, solution-focused, fast-paced team looking for energetic people who would like to have a rare opportunity to join one of Canada's fastest-growing companies.
Bolt was launched in 2017 and since then the team has grown to ~600 people.
To facilitate their current and future growth, the company is currently seeking a People & Culture Manager to join their team in Toronto.
You will partner closely with the Director, People & Culture, to champion for all things people and culture across the Bolt organization and to ensure our people have an amazing end-to-end experience that enables them to do exceptional work.
- Help maintain core values and ensure that all decisions, programs, and processes are aligned with the company’s culture and core beliefs. Focus on developing a diverse, emotionally intelligent and inclusive culture through the development initiatives that increase diversity of thought, backgrounds and perspectives. Work with employees at all levels to develop inclusive thinking and to address inclusion needs.
- Support in building a metrics driven People & Culture organization that leverages data to enable growth and solidify decision making. Promote the vision, direction, and culture of the generalist team and hold them accountable to meet and exceed performance targets.
- Ownership and responsibility for the ongoing management, administration, and data integrity of all P&C technology resources, tools and programs.
- Actively seek solutions to optimise P&C technologies and improve operational processes.
- Understand business goals and recommend new approaches, policies, and procedures to affect continual improvements in business objectives, productivity, and development of People and Culture within the company.
- Build a People and Culture generalist team and provide coaching and guidance to develop team members to executive effectively against goals. Collaborate with team members to establish goals and manage team performance.
- Liaise with leaders across the organization to provide HR business partnership support.
- Partner with the Talent Acquisition team to recruit top talent for the company that aligns with workforce plans and objectives.
- Continuously innovate People focused solutions and process improvement; specific skills in Kaizen methodologies preferred.
- 5-7+ years of progressive and hands-on Human Resources experience, with a minimum of 3+ years leading generalist/specialist teams in high growth companies
- Experience within logistics or an hourly workforce is highly desirable but not required
- Bachelor’s degree and/or Masters in a relevant field
- Strategic thinker who can deliver on tactical and operational issues. This is a very hands-on role that requires building and developing capabilities in a high growth setting with a small, but high performing team
- Track record of being a partner to managers across a variety of functional areas as well as demonstrated capability to interface and maintain effective relationships with all departments and staff
- Proven success in delivering high-impact people programs for performance management, team engagement and team retention
- Proven ability to influence and drive change with management teams and across start-up organizations, aligning people strategy with values and goals
- Expert knowledge and experience in implementing HR programs in compliance with legislative requirements across Canadian markets
We are innovative, goal-oriented, and are always on the search for energetic and passionate people who are eager to learn and would like to have a rare opportunity to grow within one of Canada's fastest growing companies. At Bolt, you will have endless growth opportunities and will have the ability to have a direct impact on the company's growth.
Our team at Bolt is full of talented and passionate individuals who enjoy working collaboratively within a friendly environment. The team is a small, tight-knit family with a team driven, growth mind-set. There is immense room for upward mobility, and here at Bolt we will provide you support from the get-go to help you realize your potential. Each member of our team shares a mutual passion for their craft and are in constant pursuit of growing our customer base and growing with our customers. We embrace all kinds of challenges head-on.
Aside from an amazing company culture, we also offer competitive salaries and a comprehensive benefits package including health, dental, and vision plans for you and your family. We are also located in the heart of downtown.
Bolt is an equal opportunity employer that recognizes the value and importance of a diverse workforce. Bolt is committed to providing assistance during all phases of the employment cycle, including recruiting through to the end of the employment relationship. If you require accommodation because of injury, illness or disability during any portion of Bolt’s recruiting process, please let us know by contacting your recruiter point of contact, and we will do everything we can to accommodate you.