Overview of the role
The Senior Field Officer will be responsible for implementation of the Zambuko CIMMYT/R4 project focusing on the establishment of demo plots and training on farmers to build their resilience in Masvingo and Mwenezi districts. He/She will work in close liaison with the Crops and Livestock Department under the Ministry of Agriculture, Water, Fisheries and Rural Resettlement.
- Supervise the overall implementation of the project, monitor, report and review progress and make firm recommendations for the improvement in line with the overall objectives of the project.
- Conduct stakeholder meetings at provincial, district and ward level.
- Coordinate project activities with project team, the donor and project stakeholders.
- Prepare monthly project implementation plans in line with the log frame and submit for approval.
- Support Field Officers to organise all planned trainings for participants
- Coordinate with logistics to ensure that all project inputs are procured, stored and distributed to the project beneficiaries on time and project documents are filed properly.
- Work closely with the MEAL Coordinator the design, collection and analysis of qualitative and quantitative data for the project.
- Ensure that all project participants are properly registered and profiled.
- Identify critical livelihoods knowledge and skills gaps in participating farmers and liaise with relevant government departments/CIMMYT in designing appropriate training materials to cover the identified gaps
- Implement the provision of Zambuko Project to food-insecure and vulnerable populations in communal areas as well as contribute to efforts aimed at building resilience.
- Coordinate with other implementing agencies also focusing on tackling rural food insecurity and resilience-building activities where targeted areas overlap
- Manage the implementation of resilience-building interventions to promote the well-being of vulnerable households in Zimbabwe in the face of shocks and stresses
- Participate in budget formulations and compilations, and all paperwork for requisition and acquisition of project materials.
- Ensure project materials are requested and procured in line with project budgets
- Adhere to GOAL finance standard procedure to ensure that all financial related activities are in compliance with the GOAL finance procedures.
- Prepare monthly project reports and share with donors and stakeholders.
- Ensure Project documents kept are compliant to donor requirements
- Commit to adhere to and respect the Code of conduct and Safeguarding policies.
- Adhere to all GOAL policies
Requirements (Person Specification)
- At least a Degree in Development Studies, Social Sciences, Agriculture or equivalent.
- Evidence of maturity and experience in livelihoods interventions and working in rural community assistance programs.
- At least 2 years’ work experience in related livelihoods interventions at a senior level
- Understanding of safeguarding and mainstreaming principles including gender, HIV/AIDS and
- Confident presentation and facilitation skills, proven record in provision of trainings.
- Ability to manage teams and good people skills
- Ability to under pressure, with minimum supervision.
- Clean class 4 driver’s license
- Proficiency in using standard computer software, especially Microsoft office products.
General terms and conditions
GOAL has a Staff Code of Conduct and a Child Protection Policy, which have been developed to ensure the maximum protection of programme participants and children from exploitation. GOAL also has a confidentiality policy ensuring the non-disclosure of any information whatsoever relating to the practices and business of GOAL, acquired in the course of duty, to any other person or organisation without authority, except in the normal execution of duty. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to these policies any job offer made is also subject to police clearance. GOAL is an equal opportunities employer.