General Description of the Programme:
GOAL an International Humanitarian Organisation has had a presence in Turkey since 2013 and has been contributing to the migrant response since 2016 with a focus on responding to needs in health service delivery, social safety nets and the protection of vulnerable and marginalised migrants in southern Turkey.
GOAL has been working in Syria since 2013, responding to the acute needs of conflict-affected communities. GOAL is working in Idleb Governate, both through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, and provision of Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH) through support to Water units, as well as emergency support to recently displaced households.
GOAL has been working in North Aleppo Governate since 2019, through direct implementation and through partners, delivering food, non-food programming to highly vulnerable populations, as well as emergency support for recently displaced household.
GOAL has two projects (ECHO funded LINK and PRM funded GREEN) in Turkey, LINK program targets refugees from nomadic / semi-nomadic backgrounds and those engaged in seasonal agricultural labor. LINK has been designed to address and mitigate protection concerns of the vulnerable / marginalized refugees through provision of critical information and raising their awareness on their rights, obligations and services available in Turkey, by sensitization/advocacy (targeting key stakeholders and service providers, etc.) activities, and Individual Protection Assistance (IPA) services to enable highly vulnerable refugees to access to basic, social and protective services available under the provisions of Temporary and International Protection regulations in Turkey. On the other hand, Green program aims to improve socioeconomic inclusion, resilience and self-sufficiency of highly vulnerable/excluded women and girls from host and refugee communities (Syrians as well as those living in program locations under the international protection regulation) including nomadic communities and seasonal agriculture workers from both communities through integrated and market driven livelihood opportunities and protection services, including language courses and vocational skills training on greenhouse production and agriculture; case management (CM)/coaching services, establishment of a women cooperative, protection outreach, information provision and awareness raising; and provision of special needs and individual protection assistance services.
The main function of this position is to ensure that the GOAL Syria programme is fully compliant with GOAL and its donors’ rules and regulations. H/She will work across all departments including programmes, finance, logistics, HR, internal audit and Compliance Department, and will work under the supervision of the Filed system Coordinator (FSC) with technical supervison by the Compliance Manager.
Duties, objectives and competencies
- To stay informed of and ensure adherence to the standard of GOAL procedures and policies in relation to Logistics, Finance, HR and Programmes as set out in the:
- Current HQ Logistics Manual & GOAL Syria Procurement & Authorization Levels Chart
- HQ Finance Manual & GOAL Syria finance procedures and polices
- GOAL’s Training guidelines
- GOAL Syria HR Manual
- HQ Safety & Security policies & GOAL Syria Security Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Assist CM in facilitating external audits requests as required.
- Respond to queries from field offices which are mainly on CO level only and discuss critical issues with CM
- File maintenance and administration tasks as required
- To conduct any ad-hoc compliance and financial investigation assignments as requested by the FSC, Area Coordinator, Compliance Coordinator, ACDS, CD and/or IA Coordinator, Roving Internal Auditors or HQ Compliance Department.
- Oversee the development of training materials in relation to compliance (e.g. GOAL policies, donor requirements, anti-terrorism and sanctions checking, etc.) and ensure that the materials are relevant to the context. Make recommendations for the types of training materials that need to be developed and the best mechanism for those (e.g. online, face-to-face workshops, etc.).
- Deliver GOAL Compliance trainings. Evaluate training's and develop training materials as required. Liaise and coordinate compliance related training delivery with other Head of Departments and Area Management Team.
- To provide capacity building and support to GOAL staff in field offices to enhance their knowledge and understanding of GOAL and Donor policies and procedures and ensure proper implementation and on-going use. ‘Support’ may include, among other tasks, responding to ad hoc queries from all departments in relation to donor specific queries.
- Regular physical checks based on FSC and CM request to GOAL Warehouses,
- Vehicles check to ensure the adherence to logistics manual
- Any other duties as requested by CM or FSC.
- University graduate, background in, management, administration, finance or related field.
- 2 Years previous NGO experience and Knowledge and experience of donor rules and regulation (FFP, OFDA, ECHO, OCHA, ….)
- At least 2 years finance experience (audit or Donor experience strongly preferred)
- Excellent computer skill in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and other Microsoft office Programmes
- Ability to learn new systems and IT software quickly and effectively
- Organised and flexible, ability to respond to changing priorities
- Ability to work independently on own initiative, assess risk and make plans accordingly
- Good English and Arabic (spoken and written).
- Prepared to work in insecure environments
- Flexible and creative approach with a proven ability to resolve issues and identify solutions;
- Excellent time management skills and the ability to prioritise work when under pressure;
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills;
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills while interacting with colleagues and partners
- Previous experience training others an advantage
Interested? Then apply for this position via clicking on the "apply now" button and fill out the application form. All applicants must send a cover letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages). Both must be in English. Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Application deadline is 7-Sep 2021 .
Please note that GOAL does not charge a fee of any kind or any other financial obligation at any stage of its recruitment process (application, interview, processing, training, induction) or other fees, or request information on applicants’ bank accounts. GOAL does not work with intermediary institutions and individuals or employment agencies during the recruitment process. If any fee or payment requested from you at the application or any stage of the recruitment process, please do not respond.
"يرجى ملاحظة أن منظمة جول GOAL لا تفرض أي رسوم من أي نوع أو أي التزام مالي آخر في أي مرحلة من مراحل عملية التوظيف (الطلب ، المقابلة ، المعالجة ، التدريب ، التعريف) أو رسوم أخرى ، و لا تطالب بأي معلومات عن الحسابات المصرفية البنكيه للمتقدمين على الشواغر. لا تعمل جول GOAL مع المؤسسات الوسيطة والأفراد أو وكالات التوظيف أثناء عملية التوظيف. في حالة طلب أي رسوم أو مستحقات منك خلال عملة التقديم على الوظائف الشاغره أو في أي مرحلة من مراحل عملية التوظيف ، يرجى إلابلاغ عدم الاستجابه
General terms and conditions
Children and vulnerable adults a must be safeguarded to the maximum possible extent from deliberate or inadvertent actions and failings that place them at risk of abuse, sexual exploitation, injury and any other harm. One of the ways that GOAL shows this on-going commitment to safeguarding is to include rigorous background and reference checks in the selection process for all candidates.
Accountability within GOAL
Alongside our safeguarding policy, GOAL is an equal opportunities employer and has a set of integrity policies. Any candidate offered a job with GOAL will be expected to adhere to the following key areas of accountability:
- Comply with GOAL’s policies and procedures with respect to safeguarding, Code of Conduct, health and safety, data protection and confidentiality, do no harm principles and unacceptable behaviour protocols.
- Report any concerns about the welfare of a child or vulnerable adult or any wrongdoings within our programming area.
- Report any concerns about inappropriate behaviour of a GOAL staff or partner.
This Job Description only serves as a guide for the position available. GOAL reserves the right to change this document. Any published closing dates are estimated. Due to the nature of GOAL’s work we aim to fill vacancies as quickly as possible. This means that we will close adverts as soon as we have found the right candidate and this may be before the published closing date. We would therefore advise interested applicants to submit an application as early as possible.