Are you looking for an opportunity to narrate and develop creative stories for our true crime series Unseen? If you’re someone who loves impactful storytelling and enjoys curating goosebump worthy stories, then you’re in the right place! With a growing community of over 40 million people and a monthly viewership of over 500 million, our videos deeply impact lives across the globe from one story to the next. You will play a pivotal role in our projects by writing the original narration for our documentaries to ultimately create that riveting effect on our next viral videos. If this speaks to you, come join our team of crime enthused creatives that want to take the Unseen channel to the next level!
If you are passionate about Goalcast’s mission to make this world a better place, are interested to learn about what goes on behind the scenes and are excited to see how you can contribute, we want to hear from you.
What you will be working on:
- Write original narration scripts for our social media documentaries
- Develop coherent and enticing scenes that continuously keep the viewers engaged and on their toes from start to finish
- Work with the video director to ensure the script follows their vision as well as staying consistent with the voice of the brand itself
- Making sure the narration script of the story is still accurate factually with the research team
- Work on multiple projects at various stages of development
What you will need:
- Excellent storytelling skills for documentary videos
- Strong understanding of scene building & tension
- Strong understanding of our brand voice and editorial judgment
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills in English
- A critical thinking mindset when approaching emotional stories
- Extreme attention to detail and accuracy
- Desire to work in a startup environment
- Proven success in previous roles or projects
- A keen interest in true crime stories
- Capable of watching hours of sensitive subject matter
- Bachelor Degree in screenwriting, film production, creative writing, or related field
- 2+ years of experience related to storytelling, film, media, communications
- Experience in a media company (Asset)
- Experience writing for television or social media channels
What to expect
- Take home test: A skill’s test to help us determine your creative persona and provides an opportunity for you to showcase your editing and storytelling skills
- People and Culture Check : Meet with our talent acquisition specialists for an informal chat to learn more about you and your interests
- Lead call: Need more insight in terms of the role and your day to day tasks? They’ve got it covered and will ask questions based on previous experiences to assess your potential
- Life Journey: Meet with one of the founders to learn more on Goalcast. They want to see what you can bring to the table and how you are looking to make an impact.
What we offer:
- Excellent benefits: Work from home, Medical and dental insurance, plus an annual health & wellness allowance
- Group benefits: RRSP/TFSA matching, transportation/parking stipend, flexible hours & work arrangements (remote/hybrid), and professional coaching services
- Stock Options: This gives you the opportunity to own a part of what we are building at goalcast!
- Rest & recharge: Three (3) weeks vacation and unlimited personal and sick days
- Office life: in-office fitness room, wellness station, meditation room, sauna & much more!
*Only North American applicants will be considered for this role*