Goalcast is the world’s leading empowering media company, specializing in the production and distribution of transformative short documentaries and original short films. With a growing community of over 40 million people and a monthly viewership of over 500 million, our videos deeply impact lives across the globe. Each one is made to help people recognize their potential, make the tough choices required to change, and live the impossible.
We want to amplify our impact and are currently looking for a Senior Data Engineer who will develop and maintain high-performance, resilient, scalable data pipelines, while providing clean and usable datasets for analytics & reporting purposes.
This role is available as a full time position. North American candidates will be prioritized.
- Understand business requirements, in particular how they relate to the ETL processes;
- Enhance and maintain ETL pipelines, based upon requirements;
- Develop new and enhance existing extracts from various data sources;
- Respond quickly to urgent requests causing issues with the ETL pipelines;
- Monitor and enhance the performance of the ETL pipelines, reducing latency and increasing robustness;
- Keep a keen eye on cloud resources used;
- Monitor ETL pipelines, responding with fixes;
- Creation of data visualization and analytics models;
- Work with content producers, analysts, social media managers, and the rest of the team to provide clean data/transformations/metrics used to improve content performance.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent;
- 2+ years of hands on experience in a production environment for each of the following technologies:
- AWS cloud platform:
- Python for ETL processing;
- Databricks (SQL and ideally pyspark);
- Linux operating system;
- Development lifecycles using GIT, commits, pull requests etc.;
- Software testing principles;
- Gathering data using API’s, ideally from social network data api’s;
- 3+ Years of experience developing and maintaining ETL pipelines;
***Knowledge and hands on experience with Airflow, Databricks & ETL are a must. This role is for an experienced data engineer who will be required to manage and develop a complex ETL pipeline from end to end, therefore multiple years of real world experience in an operational environment for these critical technologies is expected from candidates and is not negotiable.
- General understanding of social media analytics metrics:
- Watch time metrics;
- Retention metrics;
- Engagement metrics;
- Familiarity with visualization/analytics model platforms such as Tableau, Power BI, etc.;
- Familiarity with data analysis and statistical methods;
- Familiarity with data lakehouse architectures;
- Experience in a start-up or scale-up environment is preferred.
Important message: Only the applicants who have been selected to advance will be contacted. To learn more about the entire hiring process please visit workatgoalcast.com.