Goalcast is the world’s leading empowering media company, specializing in the production and distribution of transformative short documentaries and original short films. With a growing community of over 40 million people and a monthly viewership of over 500 million, our videos deeply impact lives across the globe. Each one is made to help people recognize their potential, make the tough choices required to change, and live the impossible.
We are looking to amplify our impact and are currently looking for a Development Researcher.
We are looking for someone who loves to research various topics, fact-check information that is vital to the stories we’re telling and bring new ideas to the team based on their findings. Creativity in finding unique stories, being passionate about film, stories, documentaries and interest in pop culture. The ideal candidate is someone who has a passion for media, is extremely curious and believes that stories have the power to change the world. A rockstar in researching and curating daily content.
To be successful in this role, you should be well-organized, have great time management skills and be able to make decisions autonomously. Exceptional communication will be required to build meaningful relationships with the team you will be supporting. If you are passionate about Goalcast’s mission to make this world a better place, are interested to learn about what goes on behind the scenes and are excited to see how you can contribute, we want to hear from you!
Your responsibilities are:
- Provide support to the team by conducting pop culture research into the stories that are in the pipeline
- Researching and curating stories daily
- Developing stories for social media
- Evaluate information and present valuable insights to the team
- Continuously be plugged into the world of documentaries and pop culture
- Deliver thorough research on tight deadlines while maintaining the highest journalistic standards
What we’re looking for
- Ability to curate relevant and powerful stories
- A calm and grounded attitude during high stress situations
- Proven success in previous roles or projects
- Strong editorial judgement
- Exceptional verbal and written communications skills
- Very strong organizational skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- High EQ
- Desire to work in a startup environment
- 2+ years of experience related to storytelling, film, media, communications
- Experience in a media company
- North American based candidates only (International candidates will not be considered)
- Bachelor's Degree in Journalism
Important message: Only the applicants who have been selected to advance will be contacted. To learn more about the entire hiring process please visit workatgoalcast.com.