Goalcast is the world’s leading empowering media company, specializing in the production and distribution of transformative short documentaries and original short films. With a growing community of over 40 million people and a monthly viewership of over 500 million, our videos deeply impact lives across the globe. Each one is made to help people recognize their potential, make the tough choices required to change, and live the impossible.
We are looking to amplify our impact and are currently looking for a Short Documentary Video Editor for our Short Documentary Division.
Goalcast is taking edutainment to the next level and we’re looking for a talented Short Documentary Video Editor, with strong storytelling ability, with a big vision for the next generation of media. To be successful in this role, you must have the desire to make a significant impact with your work, relentlessly seek for true stories that have the potential to explode on Social Media and thrive in a collaborative environment. The ideal candidate is someone who’s created short form video content for social media, or has curated and edited short documentary content in the past. This is a perfect opportunity for Video Editors who would like to utilize their storytelling abilities.
- Curate the stories that have the potential to change the world
- Orchestrate the process of creation from idea, editing stories using snippets from online to publishing,
- Craft basic stories into epic, inspiring videos of goose-bumping proportion
- Leading and executing ideas and concepts that are relevant, innovative and push the envelope
- Provide guidance on narrative structures
- Identify relevant trending stories
- Be involved in all phases of pre-production, production and post-production
What we’re looking for
- A master in emotion driven storytelling
- A strong understanding of virality
- Understanding of the importance of emotive song choice
- Highly developed ability to recognize good stories and shape compelling narratives
- Impeccable video editing and /or script-writing skills
- Outstanding leadership and interpersonal skills
- Good organizational and multitasking skills with strong attention to detail
- Works well under pressure
- North American based candidate only (International candidates will not be considered)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Film/TV production or Post Production
- Min 2-3 years of experience in Social Media Content/ Film/TV production or Post Production
- Work experience in the world of Social Media
- Work experience in Film/TV production and Post Production
- Strong research and communication skills
- Scriptwriting experience a huge plus
Important message: Only the applicants who have been selected to advance will be contacted. To learn more about the entire hiring process please visit workatgoalcast.com.