Goalcast is the world’s leading empowering media company, specializing in the production and distribution of transformative short documentaries and original short films. With a growing community of over 40 million people and a monthly viewership of over 500 million, our videos deeply impact lives across the globe. Each one is made to help people recognize their potential, make the tough choices required to change, and live the impossible.
We are looking to amplify our impact and are currently looking for a Video Editor.
We’re looking for a talented Video Editor who not just lives and breathes pop culture, but who also knows how to craft basic stories into epic, inspiring short documentaries of goose-bumping proportions. Do you live on the bleeding edge of pop culture? Do your eyes burn sometimes from watching too many celebrity YouTube videos? Dust off your editing software, Hollywood heroes, and get ready to build the future of entertainment. Blending the perfect mix of narrative elements, production aesthetics, stock images and music, you will spellbind our viewers captive, keep them on the edge of their seats, make them laugh, make them weep.
- Orchestrate the process of creation from idea to publishing
- Craft basic stories into epic, inspiring short documentaries of goose-bumping proportion for our Life Stories Channel
- Leading and executing ideas and concepts that are relevant, innovative and push the envelope
- Provide guidance on narrative structures
- Identify relevant trending stories
- Build compelling video titles and social captions
- Be involved in all phases of pre-production, production and post-production
- Curate the stories that have the potential to go viral and change the world
- North American based candidates only (International candidates will not be considered)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in Film/TV production or Post Production
- 3-5 years of experience in Film/TV production or Post Production
- Work experience in the world of Social Media
- Work experience in Film/TV production and Post Production
- Strong research and communication skills
- Experience in Journalism
- A dreamy visionary
- A master in emotion driven storytelling
- A strong understanding of virality
- Highly developed ability to recognize good stories and shape compelling narratives
- Impeccable video editing skills
- Good organizational and multitasking skills with strong attention to detail
- Works well under pressure
Important message: Only the applicants who have been selected to advance will be contacted. To learn more about the entire hiring process please visit workatgoalcast.com.