Position: Full time
- About Gnosis:
Gnosis builds new market mechanisms for the future of decentralized finance and open-source software. Through decentralized platforms on the Ethereum blockchain, we enable the distribution of resources—from assets to incentives, and information to ideas—at individual, societal, and global scales.
To check our products please visit our website: https://gnosis.io/
Join in on our mission to build the redistributed future!
- About the role:
We are looking for a data scientist to join Gnosis, supporting us to extract relevant data from the Ethereum blockchain to help us make better, data driven decisions and to inform our product, business and marketing teams.
You will primarily work with the decentralized exchange team to help us compile, analyze and visualize relevant data about our product and relevant market trends.
- What you'll do:
- Work with stakeholders throughout the organization to identify opportunities for leveraging data to inform product and business decisions and marketing content.
- Mine and analyze product specific data from the Ethereum blockchain using tools such as Dune Analytics, Nansen, and Bloxy in order to help the product team to make better, data driven decisions.
- Proactively suggest new types of data that provide relevant insights to the product/business/marketing team.
- Develop custom data models and algorithms to apply to data sets.
- Process, cleanse, and verify the integrity of data used for analysis.
- Regularly analyze data sets and report relevant trends to the product, business and marketing team.
- Ensure easy access of relevant data trends for all team members.
- Connect with the Ethereum community, follow trends and stay up to date about new analytical tools that help extract relevant data from Ethereum.
- Assess the effectiveness and accuracy of new data sources and data gathering techniques.
- Who you are:
- Proficiency in querying databases and using statistical computer languages (R, Pandas, SQL, GraphQL, etc.)
- Familiarity with the following software/tools:
- Knowledge and experience in statistical and data mining techniques.
- Experience using web services. Examples: Redshift, S3, Spark, DigitalOcean, etc.
- Experience creating and using advanced machine learning algorithms and statistics: regression, simulation, scenario analysis, modeling, clustering, decision trees, neural networks, etc.
- Experience analyzing data from 3rd party providers: Google Analytics, Site Catalyst, Coremetrics, Adwords, Crimson Hexagon, Facebook Insights, etc.
- Experience with distributed data/computing tools: Map/Reduce, Hadoop, Hive, Spark, etc.
- Experience visualizing/presenting data for stakeholders using: Periscope, Business Objects, D3, ggplot, etc.
- Excellent communication skills for coordinating across teams.
- Experience working with and creating data architectures.
- A drive to learn and master new technologies and techniques.
- Strong problem solving skills with an emphasis on product development.
- Self-motivated and proactive team player, yet also able to multi-task and work independently
- What we can offer you:
- Do you need resources to pursue your professional goals? -> We got you covered with a personal education and conference budgets
- Is there something that you would like to try out within our projects? -> You can use your Friday afternoons on research or on a side project in our ecosystem
- Our hierarchy is flat, so there is no chance to get lost in vertical looking organizational structure.
- Not really an early bird? No worries! -> Flexible working schedules and remote work policies are, for a long time, part of our culture
- And do not worry about your equipment and subscriptions. We’ll equip you with the latest hardware and provide you all tools you need!
- How to apply:
Please apply with your (English) resume and a short personal introduction.
We look forward to your application!
Variety is the spice of life and a celebrated component of our culture. At Gnosis, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or physical ability.