Position: Full time
- About Gnosis:
Gnosis builds new market mechanisms for the future of decentralized finance and open-source software. Through decentralized platforms on the Ethereum blockchain, we enable the distribution of resources—from assets to incentives, and information to ideas—at individual, societal, and global scales.
To check our products please visit our website: https://gnosis.io/
Join in on our mission to build the redistributed future!
- About the product and the team:
We are looking for a systems engineer to join the Gnosis Protocol (GP) team to work on the off-chain infrastructure components of version 2 of our decentralized exchange protocol.
The rise of decentralized finance surfaces the need for new optimized and scalable trading mechanisms. Gnosis has been researching and developing decentralized exchange protocols since 2017, bringing better ways to trade to Ethereum. After the DutchX and Gnosis Protocol v1, the team is currently working on the second version of its product.
We have been one of the thought leaders for using batch auctions to address the front-running and miner extractable value problems on existing decentralized exchange platforms. GP is also employing the innovative concept of ring trades to boost liquidity in highly fragmented and long-tail token markets.
With GPv2 we are aiming at combining these features with existing onchain liquidity such as Uniswap, Curve, Balancer, etc. By aggregating over the global on-chain liquidity pool we will be able to provide better prices to traders while still guaranteeing a fair execution.
You have the opportunity to work with us on this challenge in the trendy kiez of Kreuzberg - where we run our beautiful co-working space for blockchain projects, Full Node. Alternatively, you can join us as a remote employee and work from your hometown. Currently half of our team is already using this option.
- What you'll do:
- Help design and develop off chain-infrastructure components to power Gnosis Protocol v2;
- Help build developer friendly APIs for interaction with the protocol;
- In the team of currently 4 developers, your responsibility will be to write scalable & modular, concurrent services, such as: real-time blockchain state monitoring & transaction execution, querying of on chain liquidity sources, order storing & sharing protocols for other client nodes, order processing and solution submission;
- While your focus will be on coding in Rust, you may also interact with our Smart Contracts written in Solidity and improve your understanding of auction mechanisms;
- Work closely with researchers and product managers to ship features and come up with new solutions for challenging technological problems;
- Deliver high quality code for features from concept until production (including state of the art monitoring of our production systems);
- Contribute to our growing test suite.
- Who you are:
- You have 1+ years experience of system engineering, preferably in Rust, but other languages are good as well (C++, Java, Go,..);
- Structuring processes for demanding infrastructure is your strength;
- You have good general programming and algorithm skills;
- You are good at communicating your ideas, challenges and proposed solutions;
- You have a basic understanding of the Ethereum blockchain and are interested in building decentralized applications;
- You care deeply about the quality and readability of your code;
- You proactively drive technical direction such as improving performance, preventing issues, data usage, refactoring the codebase;
- You can collaborate effectively with our remote-first team on a large open source codebase;
- You communicate written technical information precisely and effectively.
Is a plus:
- Fintech or Mechanism Design experience.
- Fintech or Mechanism Design experience.
- What we can offer you:
- Do you need resources to pursue your professional goals? -> We got you covered with a personal education and conference budgets
- Is there something that you would like to try out within our projects? -> You can use your Friday afternoons on research or on a side project in our ecosystem
- Our hierarchy is flat, so there is no chance to get lost in vertical looking organizational structure.
- Not really an early bird? No worries! -> Flexible working schedules and remote work policies are, for a long time, part of our culture
- And do not worry about your equipment and subscriptions. We’ll equip you with the latest hardware and provide you all tools you need!
- How to apply:
Please apply with your (English) resume and a short personal introduction.
We look forward to your application!
Variety is the spice of life and a celebrated component of our culture. At Gnosis, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or physical ability.