Position: Full time
- About Gnosis:
Gnosis builds new market mechanisms for the future of decentralized finance and open-source software. Through decentralized platforms on the Ethereum blockchain, we enable the distribution of resources—from assets to incentives, and information to ideas—at individual, societal, and global scales.
To check our products please visit our website: https://gnosis.io/
Join in on our mission to build the redistributed future!
- About the team and the role:
The Legal department at Gnosis provides a broad range of strategic advice and legal support services to the product teams. As a lawyer within the Gnosis Legal department, you will handle a variety of cutting edge matters along the intersection of blockchain technology, investment management, regulatory analysis, strategic business advice, intellectual property, and general corporate work. On this team, you will tackle complex and unprecedented applications of the current legal system to the revolutionary industry of blockchain technology.
As Legal Counsel at Gnosis, you are a talented generalist and team player with a passion for crypto. Leveraging both breadth and depth of experience at a law firm and/or as in-house counsel, you will have an opportunity-making attitude and use the law to increase Gnosis’ optionality, not decrease it. Having a can-do attitude, you will lead the drafting, revision, evaluation, and negotiation of strategic partnership, IP licensing, consulting, marketing, non-disclosure, and other financial, commercial, technology, vendor agreements, and as well as tax. By working closely with Gnosis’ internal teams, you will showcase your proactive and entrepreneurial mindset and play a critical role in building our business.
- What you'll do:
- Draft, evaluate, and negotiate a wide variety of legal agreements;
- Proactively identify and provide risk-weighted advice to business principals and the wider organisaton that balance commercial upside against corresponding legal reputational risk;
- Provide legal advice to Finance, Operations, and HR;
- Work collaboratively with cross-functional product teams as a partner;
- Collaborate with and support the General Counsel and the legal department to evaluate and communicate legal risks to internal stakeholders and external parties.
- Who you are:
- Law degree and admission to practice law in a civil or common law jurisdiction;
- 1 - 3 years of relevant legal experience at a top law firm, startup and/or in-house legal department;
- Experience drafting and negotiating complex agreements;
- Detail-oriented, resourceful with excellent follow-through skills, and able to handle multiple projects simultaneously;
- Resilient, innovative, and comfortable with high levels of uncertainty, responsibility and self-direction;
- Excellent Business English.
Is a plus:
- Admission in a EU country, US or commonwealth jurisdiction is an asset;
- Work experience in blockchain.
- What we can offer you:
- Do you need resources to pursue your professional goals? -> We got you covered with a personal education and conference budgets;
- Is there something that you would like to try out within our projects? -> You can use your Friday afternoons on research or on a side project in our ecosystem;
- Our hierarchy is flat, so there is no chance to get lost in vertical looking organizational structure;
- Not really an early bird? No worries! -> Flexible working schedules and remote work policies are, for a long time, part of our culture;
- And do not worry about your equipment and subscriptions. We’ll equip you with the latest hardware and provide you all tools you need!
- How to apply:
Please apply with your (English) resume and a short personal introduction.
We look forward to your application!
Variety is the spice of life and a celebrated component of our culture. At Gnosis, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or physical ability.