Position: Full time
- About Gnosis:
Gnosis builds new market mechanisms for the future of decentralized finance and open-source software. Through decentralized platforms on the Ethereum blockchain, we enable the distribution of resources—from assets to incentives, and information to ideas—at individual, societal, and global scales.
To check our products please visit our website: https://gnosis.io/
Join in on our mission to build the redistributed future!
- About the product and the team:
The rise of decentralized finance surfaces the need for new optimized and scalable trading mechanisms. Gnosis has been researching and developing decentralized exchange protocols since 2017, bringing better ways to trade on Ethereum. After the DutchX and Gnosis Protocol (GP) v1, the team is currently working on the second version of the product.
We have been one of the thought leaders for using batch auctions to address front-running and miner extractable value problems on existing decentralized exchange platforms. GP is also employing the innovative concept of ring trades to boost liquidity in highly fragmented and long-tail token markets.
With GPv2, we are aiming at combining these features with existing onchain liquidity such as Uniswap, Curve, Balancer, etc. By aggregating over the global on-chain liquidity pool, we will be able to provide better prices to traders while still guaranteeing fair execution.
- Our Tech Stack
Python, C++, Rust
- What you'll do:
- Help developing optimization models and algorithms for price-finding and order-matching in our batch auction-based trading mechanism (involving linear / mixed-integer optimization)
- Implement and validate your ideas, generate test data and evaluate results
- Deliver high-quality code for features from concept until production; work closely with researchers and product managers to ship working features
- Work on related questions involving game theory and mechanism design, such as manipulation resistance, trading incentives, potential fee structures, etc.
- Document and share knowledge and present at conferences
- Who you are:
- You have 3+ years of experience in operations research, in particular, developing optimization algorithms for combinatorial optimization problems;
- You like to work both independently as well as in a team on research questions and are able to concisely present your insights to team members;
- You proactively drive research and explore promising avenues through reading research papers, prototyping experimental implementations, etc.;
- You have a solid experience in implementing algorithms, either in higher-level languages such as Python3 or low-level languages such as Rust;
- You have a basic understanding of blockchain technology and decentralized finance.
Is a plus:
- Academic experience (writing papers, giving presentations);
- Fluency in C++/Rust;
- Knowledge around game theory / mechanism design;
- Previous experience with optimization methods in finance.
- What we can offer you:
- Do you need resources to pursue your professional goals? -> We got you covered with a personal education and conference budgets
- Is there something that you would like to try out within our projects? -> You can use your Friday afternoons on research or on a side project in our ecosystem
- Our hierarchy is flat, so there is no chance to get lost in vertical looking organizational structure.
- Not really an early bird? No worries! -> Flexible working schedules and remote work policies are, for a long time, part of our culture
- And do not worry about your equipment and subscriptions. We’ll equip you with the latest hardware and provide you all tools you need!
- How to apply:
Please apply with your (English) resume and a short personal introduction.
We look forward to your application!
Variety is the spice of life and a celebrated component of our culture. At Gnosis, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or physical ability.