Position: Full time
- About Gnosis:
We believe in a redistributed future. Gnosis builds new market mechanisms to make this future possible. Through decentralized platforms on the Ethereum blockchain, we enable the distribution of resources—from assets to incentives, and information to ideas.
Gnosis was founded as part of ConsenSys, the globally leading Ethereum venture production studio, in 2015 by Martin Köppelmann and Stefan George. A ConsenSys spoke that was spun out to become a fully-fledged company early 2017, Gnosis was able to raise sufficient funding in their token sale last April to make the company a safe workplace for the next years to come. Now counting 50 employees, Gnosis is a Gibraltar based company with team members spread out all over the world and a main development hub in Berlin: Full Node, a co-working space for blockchain companies in the heart of Berlin Kreuzberg.
Our products are interoperable, allowing you to create, trade, and hold assets. While our prediction market platform allows anyone to build customized forecasting applications, our decentralized exchange models contribute to the stability of scalable token economics and enable access to arbitrage-free marketplaces. Additionally, our Gnosis Safe wallet aims to set a standard for secure, user-controlled fund storage.
Our decentralized platforms and applications provide foundational infrastructure, assuring security, stability, and foresight for the longevity of blockchain-driven technologies.
Join in on our mission to build the future!
- About the role:
We are looking for a remote or Berlin (non-remote) based Frontend Engineer to join the Gnosis Protocol team.
The rise of decentralized finance surfaces the need for new optimized and scalable trading mechanisms. Gnosis has been researching and developing decentralized exchange protocols since 2017, bringing better ways to trade on Ethereum. After the DutchX and Gnosis Protocol (GP) v1, the team is currently working on the second version of the product.
We have been one of the thought leaders for using batch auctions to address front-running and miner extractable value problems on existing decentralized exchange platforms. GP is also employing the innovative concept of ring trades to boost liquidity in highly fragmented and long-tail token markets.
With GPv2, we are aiming at combining these features with existing onchain liquidity such as Uniswap, Curve, Balancer, etc. By aggregating over the global on-chain liquidity pool, we will be able to provide better prices to traders while still guaranteeing fair execution.
At Gnosis, you will have the opportunity to work with us on this challenge in the trendy kiez of Kreuzberg - where we run our beautiful co-working space for blockchain projects, Full Node. Alternatively, you can join us as a remote employee and work from your hometown. Currently half of our team is already full remote!
- What you'll do:
- Help develop decentralized applications on top of Gnosis Protocol v2
- Design modern interfaces focusing on UX to deliver the best experience for protocol users and stakeholders.
- Contribute with the best practices to create good infrastructure and maintainable long term projects ensuring the comply to the industry standards in terms of QA
- Estimate and prioritize with the team on the features that would bring the most value to the project
- Design reusable open source modules and contribute to the Gnosis Protocol ecosystem
- Participate in feedback sessions and try to capture the best value for the Gnosis Protocol suit.
- Create Wireframes, prototypes, designs, develop and maintain user Interfaces; like decentralized exchanges, protocol explorers and analytics.
- While the focus will be on React and web technologies, as a decentralized web developer you will be creating apps interacting with Ethereum Smart Contracts written in Solidity. Additionally, you'll be deploying websites using traditional Server/DNS approach as well as IPFS/ENS. The dapps will interact with other services built in different levels of decentralization: REST APIs, The Graph or Infura.
- You will work closely with researchers and product managers to ship features and come up with new solutions for challenging technological problems.
- Who you are:
- You have 2+ years experience developing web apps
- Thorough understanding of React.js, its core principles. You also enjoy staying up-to-date/experimenting with React’s latest features
- Experience with TypeScript and CSS
- Experience with implementing and maintaining test suites for React applications
- Experience with at least one popular state management library (Redux, MobX, React hooks)
- Solid knowledge of development process
- Good estimation skills
- Team player, good communication, shares knowledge
- Proactive and independent
- Knowledge in Ethereum is a plus
- Architecture experience is also a plus
- What we can offer you:
- Make your mark in a growing, disruptive technology:
Be a part of an innovative blockchain company as we help drive change in a number of important global markets, including finance, insurance, and information discovery.
- Flat hierarchies:
This means fewer processes and bureaucracy - see more of your ideas come to life!
- Be set up for success from the start:
- We’ll equip you with the latest hardware, and plenty of learning opportunities through our fortnightly Brown Bag Lunches, guest speakers, meetups and workshops at Full Node, team knowledge sharing sessions and generous budgets for conferences and individual learning.
- Flexible work and vacation times:
We truly believe in and stand for work-life balance. We have a great flexible work policy and a generous vacation allowance that supports you in living your best life!
- Work and hang out with us:
On top of the events at Full Node, we have weekly breakfasts, monthly team dinners, an abundance of healthy snacks and drinks (including top-notch coffee!) Did we mention a company-wide annual offsite?
- Conferences and Educational Budget:
At Gnosis, we support your growth and development with a generous annual education and conference budget.
- Grow with us:
We're growing rapidly, the industry is expanding fast, and we have a lot to do. If you're someone who loves taking initiative and get things done, there's a lot of opportunities for your individual growth.
- Make your mark in a growing, disruptive technology:
- How to apply:
Please apply with your (English) resume and a short personal introduction.
We look forward to your application!
At Gnosis, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or physical ability.