Position: Full time
Salary Range: €50k - €70k yearly
- About Gnosis:
We believe in a redistributed future. Gnosis builds new market mechanisms to make this future possible. Through decentralized platforms on the Ethereum blockchain, we enable the distribution of resources—from assets to incentives, and information to ideas.
Gnosis was founded as part of ConsenSys, the globally leading Ethereum venture production studio, in 2015 by Martin Köppelmann and Stefan George. A ConsenSys spoke that was spun out to become a fully-fledged company early 2017, Gnosis was able to raise sufficient funding in their token sale last April to make the company a safe workplace for the next years to come. Now counting 50 employees, Gnosis is a Gibraltar based company with team members spread out all over the world and a main development hub in Berlin: Full Node, a co-working space for blockchain companies in the heart of Berlin Kreuzberg.
Our products are interoperable, allowing you to create, trade, and hold assets. While our prediction market platform allows anyone to build customized forecasting applications, our decentralized exchange models contribute to the stability of scalable token economics and enable access to arbitrage-free marketplaces. Additionally, our Gnosis Safe wallet aims to set a standard for secure, user-controlled fund storage.
Our decentralized platforms and applications provide foundational infrastructure, assuring security, stability, and foresight for the longevity of blockchain-driven technologies.
Join in on our mission to build the future!
- About the role:
We are looking for an experienced mathematician / operations researcher to join the Gnosis Decentralized Exchange (DEX) team.
The Gnosis DEX team is working on a scalable token exchange using batch auctions. The rise of tokenization surfaces the need for new optimized, decentralized and scalable trading mechanisms. Gnosis deploys front-edge blockchain technology and mechanism designs to provide the best trading experience.
You have the opportunity to work with us in the trendy kiez of Kreuzberg - where we run our beautiful co-working space for blockchain projects, Full Node. Alternatively, you can join us as a remote employee and work from your hometown. Currently, half of our team is working on remote bases.
- What you'll do:
- Help developing optimization models and algorithms for price-finding and order-matching in our batch auction-based trading mechanism (involving mixed-integer linear optimization);
- Work on related questions involving game theory and mechanism design, such as potential fee structures, manipulation resistance, trading incentives etc.;
- Explore alternative fields of research for solving optimization problems (e.g., machine learning);
- Implement and validate your ideas, generate test data and evaluate results;
- Deliver high-quality code for features from concept until production; work closely with researchers and product managers to ship working features;
- Document and share knowledge and present at conferences.
- Who you are:
- You have 3+ years of experience in operations research, in particular, developing optimization algorithms for combinatorial optimization problems;
- You like to work both independently as well as in a team on research questions and are able to concisely present your insights to team members;
- You proactively drive research and explore promising avenues through reading research papers, prototyping experimental implementations, etc.;
- You have a solid experience in implementing algorithms, either in higher-level languages such as Python3 or low-level languages such as Rust;
- You have a basic understanding of blockchain technology and decentralized finance.
- What we can offer you:
- Make your mark in a growing, disruptive technology:
Be a part of an innovative blockchain company as we help drive change in a number of important global markets, including finance, insurance, and information discovery.
- Flat hierarchies:
This means fewer processes and bureaucracy - see more of your ideas come to life!
- Be set up for success from the start:
- We’ll equip you with the latest hardware, and plenty of learning opportunities through our fortnightly Brown Bag Lunches, guest speakers, meetups and workshops at Full Node, team knowledge sharing sessions and generous budgets for conferences and individual learning.
- Flexible work and vacation times:
We truly believe in and stand for work-life balance. We have a great flexible work policy and a generous vacation allowance that supports you in living your best life!
- Work and hang out with us:
On top of the events at Full Node, we have weekly breakfasts, monthly team dinners, an abundance of healthy snacks and drinks (including top-notch coffee!) Did we mention a company-wide annual offsite?
- Conferences and Educational Budget:
At Gnosis, we support your growth and development with a generous annual education and conference budget.
- Grow with us:
We're growing rapidly, the industry is expanding fast, and we have a lot to do. If you're someone who loves taking initiative and get things done, there's a lot of opportunities for your individual growth.
- Make your mark in a growing, disruptive technology:
- How to apply:
Please apply with your (English) resume and a short personal introduction.
We look forward to your application!
Variety is the spice of life and a celebrated component of our culture. At Gnosis, we strive to create an inclusive environment that empowers our employees. We believe that our products and services benefit from our diverse backgrounds and experiences and are proud to be an equal opportunity employer: all qualified applicants are considered for positions regardless of race, ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, marital status, gender identification, sexual orientation, or physical ability.