Join the GMED team today and work on the frontier of Medical Device Innovation!
Location(s): North Bethesda, MD (On Site)
Reports to: Human Resources Manager
Division: Finance & HR Division
Position Classification: Non-Exempt, Full-Time
Fields: Medical Devices, In-Vitro Diagnostics - Healthcare
GMED North America is seeking a professional Receptionist/Office Coordinator. Reporting to the HR Manager, the right candidate will be an integral part of a highly collaborative team with a unique opportunity to develop and implement processes that impact site culture. Ideal candidates will be proactive, have a positive attitude, and provide friendly and efficient support.
This is an onsite position with responsibility for interacting with and assisting employees, vendors, and site visitors, as well as coordinating hospitality functions, office operations, and providing general administrative support. Hospitality functions include professionally greeting/seating guests and ensuring readiness for high level in-office meetings.
This role is also responsible for the general upkeep of the offices space including conference rooms, kitchen, and reception areas, specifically stocking the office and kitchen, and coordinating kitchen and office orders/deliveries.
The role will also include assisting with executive travel (e.g. blocking local accommodations for regular events), event planning and onboarding/offboarding tasks, as needed. Additional duties include arranging and accepting deliveries/courier services, facility specific finance/procurement responsibilities, and ad hoc administrative tasks.
- Serve as the first point of contact, either through telephone, email, or face to face.
- Greets, directs, communicates, and interacts with customers (internal and external), vendors and company personnel in a positive and proactive manner.
- Receives mail, documents, packages, and courier deliveries and delivers or distributes items. Assists with outgoing mail and maintains supplies for the mail room.
- Assists guests in sign in/sign out procedures, manages and coordinates site access controls (e.g. badging) following facility access rules.
- Performs administrative and clerical support tasks.
- Maintains an office environment which is organized, clean, and efficient that is collegial and empathetic to office colleagues’ needs and requirements.
- Reviews and updates health and safety policies and ensures they are observed.
- Manage schedules for conference and community spaces.
- Organize the office layout, manage desk booking, and the procurement of furniture as needed.
- Manage the tracking, ordering, and organization of office and kitchen supply inventory.
- Responsible for the organization, coordination, set up, and clean up of special events within the office and out of the office.
- Submits work orders and schedules repairs for the office and equipment.
- Liaise with the building landlord, security, and cleaning personnel.
- Assist the executive team with other administrative duties as requested, including ensuring readiness for high level in-office meetings or meeting catering.
- Responsible for the general upkeep of the office space; including conference rooms, kitchen and reception area, specifically stocking the office and kitchen, coordinating kitchen and office vendors and deliveries, and managing office equipment and vendors.
- Vendor relations/procurement related to facility account management needs.
- Assist in creating local onboarding/offboarding process and is a key stakeholder in execution of related actions.
- Assist in tracking office related costs/minor budget planning.
- Key contact with executive administrators or other internal stakeholders to organize visit details or assist with travel arrangements.
- Key stakeholder in site activity committee with responsibility for event planning, coordination, and overall execution of site events (e.g. End of Year/Holiday Party, team building events, Happy Hours).
Who You Are
Essential Capabilities (Knowledge, Skills, Abilities, and Personal Attributes):
- Confident communicating with people at all levels
- Positive attitude, a desire to work as efficiently as possible, and excellent client-facing communication skills
- Ability to remain confidential and professional at all times
- Good people skills and judgment
- Ability to manage a busy workload and work under pressure
- Assertive and innovative to ensure continually improving support
- Good technology knowledge on hardware (printers, photocopies, and fax machines)
- Excellent grasp of the English language, both written and verbal. Second language (French) desirable, but not essential.
- Must exude professionalism, courtesy, and strong customer focus
- Time management skills—ability to keep track of and execute multiple priorities
- Ability to anticipate challenges/needs and address them proactively
- Solid computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Strong organizational skills both in physical space (e.g. organizing efficient workspace) and with information (e.g. contracts, purchasing, etc.)
- Spirit of continuous improvement
- Service-oriented mindset and strong collaborator
Who We Are
GMED North America is the US subsidiary of GMED, a leading Certification Organization, a distinguished Notified Body (CE0459) Authorized to act under European Regulation (EU) 2017/745 on medical devices, European Directives 90/385/EEC, 93/42/EEC, 98/79/EC and Regulation n° 722/2012 on products utilizing tissues of animal origin, GMED certifies a vast range of medical devices and in vitro diagnostic medical devices. An Auditing Organization recognized by the MDSAP Regulatory Authority Council. We serve the Medical Device Industry with offices in Europe and the United States.
Our goal is to provide the best in Product Certification and Quality Management Services for medical device manufacturers worldwide. At GMED North America, we strive to the highest standards of professionalism, competency, work ethic, and customer service. All our employees are the cornerstone of this process because their work directly influences GMED North America's reputation.
Aside from our expertise with due diligence, we pride ourselves in our diverse workforces, with employees from different parts of the world.
- Commitment to Clients and Patients' safety
- Team Work
What We Offer
We offer a competitive benefits package including group-sponsored health, dental, and vision coverage, short-term and long-term disability, a 401k plan, company-paid life insurance, paid holidays, a commuter benefits program for public transportation, internet stipend, and a time off program providing our employees with a great work-life balance. We offer growth opportunities within the organization. There are a lot of opportunities and employees are able to apply and move into different roles within the company. We have numerous success stories, and we want you to be one of them.
GMED North America is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse, inclusive, and healthy work environment with a unique culture.
You are strongly encouraged to submit your resume.
We look forward to hearing from you!