We have a dream to help build an open and interconnected world, one that gives each and every person in it, an opportunity to thrive together. National boundaries, information asymmetries, and financial exclusion all continue to undermine the potential of the global financial system. We strive to create a new, reliable, and open alternative using blockchain technology, with information transparency at the very heart of our vision for the future.
By giving anybody in the world access to valued currency, credit, or investment opportunities, free from national boundaries, we are building a future of financial inclusion, in which everybody can be their own bank.
Gluwa is a platform that is composed of mobile apps, REST API, smart contracts, and blockchains (Bitcoin, Ethereum, and our own Creditcoin). Together, they enable you to transact with anyone on the Internet without giving up control of your money.
About the role
We are looking for an experienced Vice President (VP) of Marketing to lead our growth and brand development. This position will play a significant role in designing and implementing marketing strategies that will fuel a fast-growing start-up in the nascent field of DeFi fintech. You will report directly to the CEO and be one of the key members shaping the company’s long-term success.
- Develop a cohesive marketing strategy to increase brand awareness and fuel growth in multiple markets
- Manage and grow a top-tier marketing team who will run programs on paid social, paid search, content marketing, community management, SEO, and PR
- Define KPIs, set targets and budgets for the marketing team to execute on
- Lead market analysis and competitive intelligence to identify opportunities for growth
- Collaborate with product management and legal to drive forward key marketing initiatives
- Build a scalable reporting process and communicate key results
- Provide thought leadership in the quarterly and annual company planning
- 8+ years of marketing experience in tech companies
- 4+ years of experience in a senior leadership role, with a track record of managing a successful team
- Have an entrepreneurial mindset and is able to see both the forest and the trees
- Proven record of building efficient, data-driven customer acquisition programs on a global scale
- Exceptional communications skills, one-on-one and in public-speaking settings
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills to lead programs in a KPI-driven way
- 0-to-1 mentality, and is comfortable with uncertainties and unforeseen challenges
- General knowledge of cryptocurrency
- General knowledge of financial markets
- Experience in the fintech industry
- Experience in a hyper-growth startup environment