Gluwa is looking for Interface Designers to build a borderless financial platform powered by blockchain.
Gluwa is a platform that is composed of mobile apps, REST API, smart contracts and blockchains (Bitcoin, Ethereum, and our own Creditcoin). Together, they enable you to transact with anyone on the Internet without giving up control of your money.
UI Designers at Gluwa are responsible for designing Web App Interfaces, Web Sites, and Mobile Interfaces. Important and unique to Gluwa, you will be responsible for designing User Interfaces that are empathetic and targeted to a wide variety of both nationalities (North America, Asia, Africa, et al.) and user types (borrowers and lenders).
- Proven work experience of at least 3 to 5 years in Interface Design
- Proficient and proven work experience in Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, etc)
- Proficiency in Project Management tools: Jira, Confluence, and a Design Prototyping Software such as Figma
- Experience with Design Thinking
- Experience in Designing with Open Source UI Libraries such as Material UI, etc
- Experience in working with UI Component Management Tools, such as Storybook
- Bachelor's degree in High Art, Industrial Design, Interface Design, Digital Design, or other relevant field
Interface Design Specific Duties
- Identify and implement new ways of designing consistent interface at Gluwa
- Lead Ideation of new Design and Usability patterns
- Assist in Testing and QA of Finished Frontend Designs to ensure they meet design acceptance criteria
- Implement and Utilize a composable Gluwa Component Library
- From User Stories and UX Research and Ideation, sometimes wireframes, Develop fully designed interfaces
- Add to User Stories in Jira where needed, and include Interface Designs in an Engineer friendly way
- Improve operations and make recommending changes in policies and procedures.
- Search, evaluate, and recommend 3rd party software products we should use.
- Update job knowledge by studying current trends and industry standards in Interface Design by keeping tabs on recent publications and blog posts, attending conferences, and obtaining and reviewing new educational materials
- Protect operations by keeping the information confidential.
- Provide information to internal/external customers by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.