Have you ever dreamed of joining a team that is reinventing professional skincare? Have you ever wanted to support a business from the ground up? Is it your goal in life to make a difference in people’s lives, every single day? Meet Glowbar.
Glowbar is reinventing the skincare experience by delivering customized 30-minute, evidence-based treatments to target real concerns over time. All Glowbar treatments are powered by expertly trained estheticians and standardization technology, with our staff and our customers at the center of everything we do. We are creating an environment where our talent is rewarded as the keystone of our success and customer loyalty.
The founding team of Glowbar will be integral in shaping a new experience in skincare, and will be provided opportunities such as advanced trainings, competitive compensation structure, knowledge sharing, and brand building.
Glowbar is seeking passionate, service-oriented, and collaborative estheticians who believe in a “customer-first” mentality to be a part of our founding team! Our estheticians will be continuously empowered to use their client-oriented gut to make decisions. As long-term team members, Glowbar estheticians are also collaborative team members, with a mind geared towards testing and learning to set a new standard for skincare.
This means you...
- Are dedicated to helping people take care of their skin
- Believe that esthetics is a career, and not just a job
- Are a team player
- Have an entrepreneurial and positive spirit
- Value honesty and integrity in the workplace
- Always seek to improve personal performance
- Are professional
- Know how to market and bring existing and new clients coming back
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
Care for your clients:
- Create a safe space for your clients to disclose their skin concerns, taking note of their individual needs, routines, and goals
- Ensure each client receives an extraordinary skincare treatment for their individual needs and goals, including but not limited to extractions, dermaplane, LED therapy, high frequency, etc.
- Provide a friendly, compassionate environment, deep product/protocol knowledge and honest advice
- Educate clients on both the protocol being administered as well as their own unique skincare concerns and questions by modeling our innovative philosophy
- Provide clients with at-home routine suggestions
- Contribute to our online forum, reiterating tips and routine suggestions and offering to answer any skincare questions from clients
Care for our team:
- Provide feedback to management on progress and challenges and suggestions
- Collaborate with fellow estheticians on best practices, client needs, and opportunities to improve the client experience
- Assist in maintenance of back bar inventory & operating supplies on regular intervals
- Enhance and uphold standards, policies & procedures through various means of communication
- Assist with technical training of non-licensed, studio manager(s), educating them on skincare 101 and product knowledge, so that they can better support and inform our guests
- Participate in events onsite/offsite
Perks we are really proud to offer:
Physical and mental health, personal development and work-life balance are key to growth and well-being. In addition to our generous pay rates, our comprehensive benefits extend well beyond the average and are valued at close to $10k annually. We want you to be your best self both in and outside of our studios and we are proud to offer a variety of generous benefits to support this, which can include…
- Medical dental and vision insurance largely paid for by Glowbar
- Paid Time Off
- Paid Sick Leave
- Paid Holidays
- Short and Long Term Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Commuter benefits
- Accident and Critical Illness Insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Annual Glowbar Membership with 2 guest passes
- Employee discounts on retail product
- Reliable schedules
- Community giveback
- Friends and family discounts
- Team member referral bonuses
- Career advancement and continuing education opportunities
- Discounts at a vast array of lifestyle brands, services restaurants, theme parks and more
- Valid Connecticut Esthetics License (600+ hours of training)
- 1+ years experience as a licensed esthetician at a busy spa/salon with a proven track record of excellence in esthetics
- Must love hospitality and interacting with customers
- Strong understanding of salon standards, policies and procedures
- Must be a forward-thinking problem solver with a strong work ethic who has compassion for employees and clients
- Passion for beauty, skincare, learning and trying new things everyday!
- Established clientele a plus!
- Must have the flexibility to work a non-traditional schedule - must have weekend, holiday, and some early morning/midday/late evening weekday availability
Competitive pay and benefits available.