Job title: Studio Manager
Status: Full-time, in-person
Have you ever dreamed of joining a team that is reinventing professional skincare? Have you ever wanted to support a business from the ground up? Is it your goal in life to make a difference in people’s lives, every single day? Meet Glowbar.
Glowbar has reinvented professional skincare with our customized 30-minute, evidence-based treatments targeting real concerns over time. Glowbar has taken the experience out of a traditional dermatologist office and has developed it with spa elements in mind to create a seamless solution that modern consumers are addicted to. The brand’s signature treatment is driven by expertly trained estheticians and standardized technology, intended to be received once a month. With a membership model at its core, Glowbar has two locations in NYC today, with plans to open their next ten in three years.
Glowbar is seeking a passionate and service-oriented Studio Manager who believes in a “customer-first” mentality to be a part of our growing team! Our Studio Manager will be continuously empowered to use their customer-oriented gut to make decisions and lead their team to be culture-carriers. As long-term team members, Studio Managers are also collaborative team members, with a mind geared towards testing and learning to set a new standard for skincare.
This means you...:
- Are inspired by helping people feel confident in their own skin
- Are a born leader
- Love to develop others and see them grow
- Are a skilled interpersonal communicator
- Are a professional team player
- Have an entrepreneurial and positive spirit
- Value honesty and integrity in the workplace
- Always seek to improve personal performance
- Know how to market and bring existing and new clients coming back
Responsibilities include (but are not limited to):
- Lead and develop the careers of a studio team, consisting of Studio Guides and Estheticians
- Maintain studio(s) to Glowbar standards, ensuring all Studio Guide and Esthetician duties are adhered to. Duties include, but are not limited to: cycle counts, inventory replenishment, and checklists
- Sustain a friendly, compassionate environment, ensuring that each client receives an extraordinary, memorable experience as they navigate through the space and our retail assortment
- Ensure studio teams are adequately supported in training
- Provide feedback to management on progress and challenges, paired with suggestions
- Track studio performance against studio goal revenues and margins
- Execute on weekly focus plans to achieve studio goal revenues
- Oversee all studio finances including: revenues, payroll, inventory costs and additional overhead costs to meet studio goal margins
- Oversee all client support conversations stemming from studios under management
- Manage retail and professional inventory via monthly ordering processes
- Participate in events onsite/offsite
- 4+ years of hospitality management experience (i.e. fitness, restaurant, retail, hotel, salon/spa, etc.) with a proven track record of superior team management and customer service; experience opening a store/studio from the ground up a plus
- Must love hospitality and interacting with customers
- Strong understanding of retail operations, policies and procedures
- Must have the ability to prioritize and multi-task within a fast-paced environment
- Must be a forward-thinking problem solver with a strong work ethic who has compassion for employees and clients
- Passion for beauty, skincare, learning and trying new things every day!
- Must have the flexibility to work a non-traditional schedule - must have weekend, holiday, and some early morning/midday/late evening weekday availability
- Must have a car and be willing to travel within 25 miles to other locations
Competitive pay, monthly treatments (!) and benefits available.
To apply, please email email@example.com with your resume and a little bit about yourself and why you want to build your career at Glowbar!