Glovo is building the future of cities by enabling anyone to get any product from any store in their city delivered in minutes. Our goal is to provide on-demand delivery infrastructure for every city in the world.
In order for us to do this in a reliable fashion, we are looking for a talented Fraud Manager to join our team. This is a great opportunity to join our rapidly growing Fraud & Payments team within Glovo. We are constantly developing new techniques to detect and counter fraudulent actors who are constantly developing new techniques to abuse our platform. You’ll be working alongside our engineering, product and finance team to constantly drive us to innovate while we shape the vision for the team.
- Develop in depth knowledge of Glovo’s data sources and payment systems to gain insights into fraud patterns and contribute to the fraud strategy
- Work closely with operations teams on the ground in various regions to define risk policy and processes as well as building relationships with global teams and stakeholders such as Finance, Product and Engineering
- Provide Fraud subject matter expertise on new market, payment method and product launches. Anticipating risks, building business cases and driving change to close gaps, ensuring residual risks are communicated effectively
- Identify trends within our transaction data and use these to drive business decisions and inspiring changes to data sources and systems that are necessary to deliver on the fraud strategy
- Contribute to machine learning model development, rules and our fraud platform as a whole
- Define and monitor key metrics, understanding the root causes of fraud
- Support the wider Fraud and Payments team in documenting processes and developing the operating model, taking account of current and future threats
- BS/BA or higher degree in a quantitative field, computer science, engineering or extensive experience in operations management
- 5+ years experience in a fraud role, preferably in at least one e-commerce or payments organisation and experience providing internal teams with the necessary data to make the right decisions
- Expert knowledge of fraud, financial crime and regulatory changes across payments and e-commerce
- Strong understanding of Fraud Detection Tools and associated processes
- Experience finding and tearing down data to establish a sustainable business strategy
- An independent thinker, able to work autonomously, capable of taking on loosely defined problems and translating complex thinking into practical application for diverse audiences
- A communicative person who values building strong relationships with colleagues and partners and enjoys mentoring and teaching others
- Previous experience in growing and managing a team is a must
- Proficiency in English is a must
- Experience manipulating and analyzing complex data with SQL, Python and/or R is a plus
- An MBA is a plus
- Creative problem solving and critical thinking skills with a bias toward action and a “get things done” attitude
- Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
- Also, our core values are very important to us:
- Gas: work hard and dream big. We fear mediocrity more than failure. Move faster than others and always choose speed over perfect.
- Glownership: Tough decisions are only taken when you feel the company as yours. Act as an owner.
- Lead the way: Be innovative, challenge the norms, think-through and make your own decisions. Build a unique Glovo. We won’t win by following others.
- Lean: stay young and humble, as in day one. Small optimization in our cost has a big impact in our results.
- Good vibes: Be positive and respectful. No assholes allowed. We only hire people that smile.
If this is you, we’re excited to meet you!
- A seat on the rocket ship, an opportunity to work closely with all the departments at Glovo
- Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Work in an international, dynamic and passionate environment, and play a role in transforming how we access our cities
- Competitive salary based on experience and equity plan
- Free Glovo credits