Due to being one of the fastest growing startups, at Glovo, we are constantly expanding and growing our teams. The dispatching tech department host Glovo’s key team - it is in charge of “Jarvis”, how we called the algorithm that assigns automatically orders to couriers and stores.
“Jarvis” has a direct impact in all our stakeholders and it is probably one of the biggest challenges that on-demand food delivery companies are facing: how to increase the efficiency of couriers while ensuring low delivery times.
We are at a stage that we want to boost and dedicate many resources to our algorithm. The team is growing like crazy and we are now looking for a senior data analyst with vast experience in analyzing data so as to provide data support to that team. As a Senior Data Analyst for the dispatching team...
- Work closely with engineers (software developers) and data scientists in a diverse and talented team.
- Be on top of any new implementation that is developed so as to track its impact and validate the success of the new feature.
- Create models and perform analysis to provide actionable insights to improve the current algorithm.
- Analyze in detail all the cities that we operate in (+90 cities, +20 countries) so as to extract local peculiarities that the system should consider.
- Maintain all the dashboards that the dispatching team is checking every day. Propose new KPIs for these dashboards.
- Deep-dive into specific cases that local teams are reporting, so as to extract opportunities for improvement for the algorithm.
- Commit to contributing to Glovo's growth globally, getting the job done.
+2 years of professional experience in a data analyst, data scientist or similar
A Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Math, Statistics or similar with outstanding records
Strong analytical and problem-solving skills. Data-driven decision making
Knowledge in SQL (MySQL, PostgreSQL)
Knowledge of visualization tools such as Looker, Tableau or QlikView
Experience in Python (Pandas, Numpy, SciPy), R and/or programming is a plus. Machine Learning understanding is valued
Clean when presenting data. You know how to explain things in an understandable way
Proficiency in English is a must
To be able to manage the big picture, and the smallest details. You're always on top of your deadlines and an organization freak
The ability to take initiative in a constantly changing work environment
Our core values are very important to us:
Gas: We think big and take calculated risks to go for all business opportunities, no matter how challenging they are! We work hard as a team and execute fast.
Everyone Wins: We are here for the long run. Glovers, Partners, and Users are at the very center of everything we do. If they win, Glovo wins. So for every decision, we make sure we are positively impacting them.
Good vibes: Our teams are built of people that radiate positive energy and managers that are honest and fair. No assholes allowed! We stay optimistic no matter what, infecting each other with positivity, joy, and the desire to spend time together.
Stay Humble: Always act humble: Everybody must roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty to make our big plans a reality. We are tiny! We are conscious of how big the opportunity is and how much we’ve got left to do.
Glownership: Act as one company—one team: Care first about Glovo, not your role or your department. Own your stuff, no question, but go beyond your role; help before you are asked. Everything you need to make things happen, you do it. Glow it!
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
- A ticket to the moon sitting on the fastest rocket - an adventure filled with challenges and professional growth
- Social benefits (such as fresh fruit every day, free lunches from our yummy partners once a week, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 6 weeks, the best coffee machine in the world,...)
- Private Health Insurance
- Unlimited Glovos (zero delivery fee on your Glovo orders)
- Attractive compensation and equity plan
- Gym membership discounts
- Team building activities
- International and talented team, used to working in a fast paced and vibrant way!