Product Manager - ETAs
Glovo is building the future of cities by enabling anyone to access the products and services available in their city on demand. Our goal is to bring this value proposition to a global audience.
As a Glovo Product Manager you will be responsible for leading, quantifying and building the technology that defines industry best practices in a specialised subject of our complex multi-user facing platform.
At the core of our technology there is the dispatching system, responsible for maximizing the efficiency of the platform by taking the proper decisions when matching orders with couriers. The impact of this team in the whole business is massive. And its performance highly depends on the accuracy of the time estimations for couriers and stores.
As a Product Manager of the ETAs team, you will lead the sub team inside dispatching responsible for all the models that predict the behaviour of our actors in the cities. You’ll collaborate mainly with data scientists and engineering in order to deliver models that scale for more than 150 cities globally. We’re looking for someone with the same passion that we have for simple solutions and bold impact.
- Shape the product roadmap for the ETAs development team, responsible for the accuracy of the following time estimations: driving time of couriers, waiting time of couriers at pickup and dropoff, stores preparation time of the orders, customer total delivery time estimation.
- Maintain a prioritized product backlog and other organisational solutions in partnership with your technical team lead
- Define and communicate product requirements and specifications by thinking creatively about how to solve problems that have never been solved before at this scale
- Ensure that your team develop, test and productionize predictive algorithms by using state of the art machine learning algorithms and statistical models
- Evaluate algorithms through controlled offline (e.g. cross validation with holdouts strategy) and online experiments (e.g. cross validation, A/B testing)
- Align with the rest of the teams within dispatching so as to ensure that the solutions built matches with the necessities of the division
- Ensure strong collaboration and communication across the company and serve as a primary point of contact for internal stakeholders when it comes to time estimates.
- At least 4 years of professional experience in product or in data science discipline. Preferably background in Physics, Statistics, Computer Science or Mathematics.
- Deep theoretical and applied knowledge in the following areas: supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning, game theory, statistical inference, bayesian statistics, causal inference, time series analysis, map matching, routes estimates.
- Technical know-how—you have a solid understanding of how software is made and how it works.
- Significant experience at productionising ideas; from conception to deployment
- Demonstrable experience in managing sizeable teams and where relevant, across multiple geographies
- Ability to juggle multiple strands of work and priorities on complex projects that may span across multiple teams
- Ability to communicate and present complex ideas to very senior stakeholders and get buy-in thanks to ability to understand business needs
- Ability to build and own relationships with key stakeholders across the business
- Excellent spoken and written English
- Our core values are very important to us:
- Gas: Fear mediocrity over mistakes. Think big, work hard, be proactive, take smart leaps and lead the way.
- Good vibes: Build a team of people that radiates positive energy. No assholes allowed: Always be upfront, honest and kind. The road we chose is very bumpy. Stay optimistic no matter what.
- Everyone Wins: Don’t settle for growth alone. Build a sustainable Glovo that benefits everyone. Consider how every decision makes for the most positive impact possible in the long-term.
- Stay Humble: Always act humble: Everybody has to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty to make our big plans a reality. We invest smartly and keep a close eye on our costs.
- Glownership: Act as one company—one team: Pro-Glovo, not pro-department. Think beyond your role; help before you’re asked. Learn Glovo A to Z. Figure stuff out on your own. Make sure your shit works!
- Raise the bar: You're curious and capable; that's why you're at Glovo. You care deeply about improving your talents and look for opportunities to do so. Then put everything to work to reach your full potential.
- A ticket to the moon sitting on the fastest rocket - an adventure filled with challenges and professional growth
- Social benefits (such as fresh fruit every day, free lunches from our yummy partners once a week, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 6 weeks, the best coffee machine in the world,...)
- Private Health Insurance
- Unlimited Glovos (zero delivery fee on your Glovo orders)
- Attractive compensation and equity plan
- Gym membership discounts
- Back to School Fridays (it's all about learning and sharing knowledge)
- Team building activities
- Relocation package
- International and talented team, used to working in a fast paced and vibrant way!