Glovo is building the future of cities by enabling anyone to get any product from any store in their city delivered in minutes. Our goal is to provide on-demand delivery infrastructure for every city in the world.
Glovo's team is looking for an “Accounting Specialist” who will coordinate the financial processes within GL Department for Turkish market conducting daily accounting tasks.
- Bachelor's Degree from related departments (Economics, Business Administration, Accounting, etc...)
- 2 to 4 years of applicable work experience in Accounting
- A high degree of familiarity and practice of IT skills related to use of Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint, Word
- In-depth understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP/VUK)
- A strong command over English with an ability to understand and communicate clearly and effectively
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year-end closing process
- Familiarity with financial statements
- Experience using Navision or other general ledger packages is a plus
- Has a good capacity for adaptation
- Has a sense of business & pragmatic analysis
- Has a good organization & planning skills
- Has an analytical way of thinking
- Ensuring application of Accounting Guidelines through analysis of company processes
- Post entries related to bank statements, accounts receivable, accounts payable, taxes, payroll etc…
- Ensure compliance with GAAP principles
- Supporting invoicing procedures
- Supporting vendor/client account reconciliations and BA/BS reconciliations
- Direct internal and external audits to ensure compliance
- Assist with tax audits and tax returns
- Accounting of general administration costs
- Control and confirm all the invoices received and issued through the invoicing platform
- Our core values are very important to us:
Gas: We think big and take calculated risks to go for all business opportunities, no matter how challenging they are! We work hard as a team and execute fast.
Everyone Wins: We are here for the long run. Glovers, Partners and Users are on the very center of everything we do. If they win, Glovo wins. So for every decision, we make sure we are positively impacting them.
Good vibes: Our teams are built of people that radiate positive energy and managers that are honest and fair. No assholes allowed! We stay optimistic no matter what, infecting each other with positivity, joy, and the desire to spend time together.
Stay Humble: Always act humble: Everybody must roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty to make our big plans a reality. We are tiny! We are conscious of how big the opportunity is and how much we’ve got left to do.
Glownership: Act as one company—one team: Care first about Glovo, not your role or your department. Own your stuff, no question, but go beyond your role; help before you are asked. Everything you need to make things happen, you do it. Glow it!
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
- A seat on the rocket ship, an opportunity to work closely with all the departments at Glovo
- Scale with a rapidly growing startup, with tons of opportunity for growth
- Work in an international, dynamic and passionate environment, and play a role in transforming how we access our cities
- Competitive salary based on experience and equity plan
- Monthly pizza and beer party, and Monday breakfast
- Team building activities in the office (weekly movie nights and board games nights)
- Free Glovo credits