At Glovo we are constantly looking for talented and passionate engineers to join the team in our Barcelona office.
You are someone who loves working in a high-paced startup environment. You enjoy tackling different problems and take pride in delivering thought-through, well designed, flexible and easy to use solutions. You work well with other top-level engineers and value constructive feedback that helps you grow as a professional. You are not afraid of getting your hands dirty with a platform or technology that you don’t know, and are always eager to learn something new.
The Growth team is in charge of growing the size and value of Glovo’s customer. We launch and AB test a series of new features across all products of Glovo, or we even create completely new products from scratch. Some of the features owned by this team are the Member Get Member program and Glovo Prime, plus a few more that are in the oven.
- Develop software using modern engineering approaches and agile principles
- Own your deliverables from start to finish
- Deliver high quality solutions
- Participate in high-level technical decisions
- Make our technology and our team scale as the business grows
- Mentor and empower other developers around you
- Not be limited to one product but be involved in all aspects of Glovo
- Be an active participant on our Engineering community by contributing to committees, RFCs, workshops
- Computer science or similar degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Strong Java Skills and deep understanding of the JVM: memory management, multithreading, profiling, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of Object-Oriented Programming and Software architecture, etc.
- Strong will to adhere to best practices in development: Solid Principles, Clean Architecture, etc.
- Sound experience with API design, relational databases and ORMs
- You have shipped and maintained distributed services with a DevOps mindset
- You know how to deal with complex codebases
- Ability to empathize with a diverse range of engineers
- Communicate well and be willing to engage with your teammates in group problem solving
- Good English
Our core values are very important to us:Gas: We think big and take calculated risks to go for all business opportunities, no matter how challenging they are! We work hard as a team and execute fast.Everyone Wins: We are here for the long run. Glovers, Partners, and Users are in the very center of everything we do. If they win, Glovo wins. So for every decision, we make sure we are positively impacting them.Good vibes: Our teams are built of people that radiate positive energy and managers that are honest and fair. No assholes allowed! We stay optimistic no matter what, infecting each other with positivity, joy, and the desire to spend time together.Stay Humble: Always act humble: Everybody must roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty to make our big plans a reality. We are tiny! We are conscious of how big the opportunity is and how much we’ve got left to do.Glownership: Act as one company—one team: Care first about Glovo, not your role or your department. Own your stuff, no question, but go beyond your role; help before you are asked. Everything you need to make things happen, you do it. Glow it!If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
- Experience running code in the cloud and using laaS and PaaS solutions, especially AWS
- Experience with Docker and/or Kubernetes
- Kotlin or Go skills
- Native mobile skills (iOS-Swift and/or Android-Kotlin)
A ticket to the moon sitting on the fastest rocket - an adventure filled with challenges and professional growth
Social benefits (such as fresh fruit every day, free lunches from our yummy partners once a week, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 6 weeks, the best coffee machine in the world,...)
Unlimited Glovos (zero delivery fee on your Glovo orders)
Private Health Insurance
Attractive compensation and equity plan
Gym membership discounts
Back to School Fridays (it’s all about learning and sharing knowledge)
Team building activities
International and talented team, used to working in a fast paced and vibrant way!