We are looking for someone to take responsibility for defining, structuring and implementing Glovo’s environmental sustainability strategy. The successful candidate will join our Public Policy arm to develop from scratch ambitious plans to measure, educate and adapt a global start-up with a view towards minimizing our environmental footprint and setting industry standards in over 20 countries. If you want an opportunity to truly make a difference, are someone who loves working in a high-paced startup environment, a self-starter and a team player seeking a multicultural environment Glovo is your place!
- Help devise a long-term sustainability strategy and leverage HQ resources towards its objectives
- Translate everything we do through the perspective of environmental sustainability and help us become a best-in-class green company
- Identify and communicate internally best practices and options forward, cultivate internal awareness of sustainability KPIs
- Manage relationships with key external stakeholders, both private sector and public/regulatory ones
- Help define tools and materials to support local teams, draft and support the implementation of regional, national and local policy plans
- Position Glovo as part of the sustainability debate
- Find new opportunities for Glovo to engage with, map uncharted projects for an ambitious green agenda
- 6+ years of experience of in environmental policy, sustainability, or related fields
- A graduate degree in a relevant field
- Proven understanding of energy and resource conservation metrics, waste management, environmental reporting KPIs.
- Comfort working in the fast-paced environment and multi-disciplinary setting of a start-up
- Data-driven mentality: inform and advise business decisions based on hard data and policy priorities
- Proficiency in English is a must; understanding of Spanish is a plus.
- Our core values are very important to us:
Gas: We think big and take calculated risks to go for all business opportunities, no matter how challenging they are! We work hard as a team and execute fast
Everyone Wins: We are here for the long run. Glovers, Partners, and Users are in the very center of everything we do. If they win, Glovo wins. So for every decision, we make sure we are positively impacting them
Good vibes: Our teams are built of people that radiate positive energy and managers that are honest and fair. No assholes allowed! We stay optimistic no matter what, infecting each other with positivity, joy, and the desire to spend time together
Stay Humble: Always act humble: Everybody must roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty to make our big plans a reality. We are tiny! We are conscious of how big the opportunity is and how much we’ve got left to do
Glownership: Act as one company—one team: Care first about Glovo, not your role or your department. Own your stuff, no question, but go beyond your role; help before you are asked. Everything you need to make things happen, you do it. Glow it!
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
A ticket to the moon sitting on the fastest rocket - an adventure filled with challenges and professional growth
Offices based in trendy Poblenou (L4), 10 min away from the beach
Generous equity pack for all employees
Social benefits (such as fresh fruit every day, free lunches from our yummy partners once a week, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 6 weeks, the best coffee machine in the world,...)
Young, international and talented team, used to work in a fast paced and vibrant way - currently, we are over 800 employees from all over the world!