At Glovo we are constantly looking for passionate and experienced engineers to join our team Barcelona office for the dispatching team.
Courier Experience is the team responsible for growing courier relationship into loyalty and consistency and leading it to excellent delivery experience for couriers and customers.
- Develop software using modern engineering approaches and agile principles
- Make our technology and our team scale as the business grows
- Own your deliverables from start to finish
- Deliver high quality solutions
- Participate in high-level technical decisions
- Mentor and empower other developers around you
- Computer Science or similar degree
- 3+ years of relevant full-time experience
- Strong Java or Other language skills
- Experience with scripting languages
- Extensive knowledge of object-oriented programming and software architecture
- Strong will to adhere to best practices in OO development and a need to leave well-structured code in your tracks
- The urge to write unit-tests
- Knowledge of relational databases and other approaches to data management
- Knowledge of concurrency and Event Driven Development
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Vivid interest in at least one area outside of coding (architecture, algorithms, optimization, automation, scalability, etc.)
- Good English
- Experience with Spring framework is a plus
- Experience with other platforms is a big plus
- Participation in open source projects is a huge plus
- Our core values are very important to us:
Gas: We think big and take calculated risks to go for all business opportunities, no matter how challenging they are! We work hard as a team and execute fast.
Everyone Wins: We are here for the long run. Glovers, Partners and Users are on the very center of everything we do. If they win, Glovo wins. So for every decision, we make sure we are positively impacting them.
Good vibes: Our teams are built of people that radiate positive energy and managers that are honest and fair. No assholes allowed! We stay optimistic no matter what, infecting each other with positivity, joy, and the desire to spend time together.
Stay Humble: Always act humble: Everybody must roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty to make our big plans a reality. We are tiny! We are conscious of how big the opportunity is and how much we’ve got left to do.
Glownership: Act as one company—one team: Care first about Glovo, not your role or your department. Own your stuff, no question, but go beyond your role; help before you are asked. Everything you need to make things happen, you do it. Glow it!
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
- A ticket to the moon sitting on the fastest rocket - an adventure filled with challenges and professional growth
- Offices based in trendy Poblenou (L4), 10 min away from the beach
- Generous equity pack for all employees
- Social benefits (such as fresh fruit every day, free Tuesday lunches from our yummy partners, beers on Fridays, bi-monthly culture days, the best coffee machine in the world,...)
- A young, international and talented team, used to work in a fast paced and vibrant way - currently, we are over 800 employees from all over the world!