Interested in Systems Engineering? Do you want to be in a team that drives engineering culture towards better systems reliability at scale? Join the Glovo Platform team in our Barcelona offices and directly impact the experience of hundreds of thousands of users that use Glovo every day.
The platform team at Glovo thrives on a strong internal customer focus and data-informed experimentation to improve resilience, reliability, and performance. You'll join us in enabling the future of deployments at Glovo.
- Improve the existing delivery, operation, and monitoring processes for the different services and systems of Glovo.
- Participate in the definition of a sustainable infrastructure strategy for Glovo and its execution.
- Actively develop and maintain our systems infrastructure and tooling with a product mindset
- Help us scale our infrastructure as we keep growing in users and countries
- Use data to understand the availability, reliability, and sustainability of our infrastructure
- Participate in incident management, diagnosis and mitigation
- Monitor and optimize the performance of deployments
- Contribute to create a fantastic shipping experience for our developers
- Experience diagnosing and resolving performance problems in complex software systems
- Deep knowledge of network protocols (HTTP, DNS…)
- Understand the Linux OS at both high and low level
- Proficiency in high-level languages like Python, Go, and Bash
- Experience using Docker
- Experience with CI/CD
- Experience with Infrastructure as Code automation (CloudFormation, Terraform...)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (VPC, IAM, EC2, RDS...)
- Experience building infrastructure automation
- Communicate well and be willing to engage with your teammates in group problem solving
- Experience managing distributed services / microservices platforms
- Experience with RabbitMQ, SQS, ZeroMQ and other message brokers
- Experience with Kubernetes or other container orchestration systems
- Experience programming in Java
- Bonus Points:
- Experience managing ElasticSearch clusters
- Deep MySQL knowledge
- Experience managing and tuning relational database clusters
- Experience operating and tuning Java server applications
- Experience with Kafka or Kinesis
- Deep knowledge about JVM internals
- Our core values are very important to us:
Gas: We think big and take calculated risks to go for all business opportunities, no matter how challenging they are! We work hard as a team and execute fast.
Everyone Wins: We are here for the long run. Glovers, Partners, and Users are in the very center of everything we do. If they win, Glovo wins. So for every decision, we make sure we are positively impacting them.
Good vibes: Our teams are built of people that radiate positive energy and managers that are honest and fair. No assholes allowed! We stay optimistic no matter what, infecting each other with positivity, joy, and the desire to spend time together.
Stay Humble: Always act humble: Everybody must roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty to make our big plans a reality. We are tiny! We are conscious of how big the opportunity is and how much we’ve got left to do.
Glownership: Act as one company—one team: Care first about Glovo, not your role or your department. Own your stuff, no question, but go beyond your role; help before you are asked. Everything you need to make things happen, you do it. Glow it!
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
A ticket to the moon sitting on the fastest rocket - an adventure filled with challenges and professional growth
Offices based in trendy Poblenou (L4), 10 min away from the beach
Social benefits (such as fresh fruit every day, free lunches from our yummy partners once a week, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 6 weeks, the best coffee machine in the world,...)
Young, international and talented team, used to work in a fast paced and vibrant way - currently, we are over 900 employees from all over the world!