At Glovo we are constantly looking for talented and passionate engineers to join the team in our Barcelona office.
You are someone who loves working in a high-paced startup environment. You enjoy tackling different problems and take pride in delivering thought-through, well designed, flexible and easy to use solutions. You work well with other top-level engineers and value constructive feedback that helps you grow as a professional. You are not afraid of getting your hands dirty with a platform or technology that you don’t know, and are always eager to learn something new.
B2B Team is polishing a new Glovo application focused on the B2B Market. The platform allows to create orders with multiple pickup/delivery points, track in real time your orders, manage advanced payment options and has integration with major brands.
- Develop software using modern engineering approaches and agile principles for the B2B app.
- Participate in high-level technical decisions.
- Mentor and empower other developers around you.
- Make our technology and our team scale as the business grow.
- 3+ years of relevant full-time experience
- Computer science or similar degree
- Strong Java Skills and deep understanding of the JVM: memory management, profiling, etc.
- Extensive knowledge of Object -Oriented Programming and Software architecture, etc.
- Strong will to adhere to best practices in development: Solid Principles, Clean Architecture, etc.
- Deep knowledge of relational databases, database performance concerns, and solutions.
- Understanding of ORMs and other alternatives for relational mapping
- Familiarity with DevOps culture, and at least the basics of infrastructure management and infrastructure as-a-code. You own your code from design to the production.
- Good English
- Bonus Points:
- Experience with TDD
- Experience running code in the cloud and using laaS and PaaS solutions, especially AWS.
- Experience with Docker.
- Our core values are very important to us:
Gas: We think big and take calculated risks to go for all business opportunities, no matter how challenging they are! We work hard as a team and execute fast.
Everyone Wins: We are here for the long run. Glovers, Partners, and Users are in the very center of everything we do. If they win, Glovo wins. So for every decision, we make sure we are positively impacting them.
Good vibes: Our teams are built of people that radiate positive energy and managers that are honest and fair. No assholes allowed! We stay optimistic no matter what, infecting each other with positivity, joy, and the desire to spend time together.
Stay Humble: Always act humble: Everybody must roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty to make our big plans a reality. We are tiny! We are conscious of how big the opportunity is and how much we’ve got left to do.
Glownership: Act as one company—one team: Care first about Glovo, not your role or your department. Own your stuff, no question, but go beyond your role; help before you are asked. Everything you need to make things happen, you do it. Glow it!
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
A ticket to the moon sitting on the fastest rocket - an adventure filled with challenges and professional growth
Offices based in trendy Poblenou (L4), 10 min away from the beach
Social benefits (such as fresh fruit every day, free lunches from our yummy partners once a week, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 6 weeks, the best coffee machine in the world,...)
Young, international and talented team, used to work in a fast paced and vibrant way - currently, we are over 1000 employees from all over the world!