Glovo (glovoapp.com) is looking for world-class Data Scientist to work in our Barcelona office. You are passionate, proactive, data-driven and hands-on? You want to evolve in one of the fastest growing startups of Barcelona, building a product that will change people's day-to-day and disrupt On-demand market?
Develop, test and productionize predictive algorithms by using state of the art machine learning algorithms and statistical models
Evaluate algorithms through controlled offline (e.g. cross validation with holdouts strategy) and online experiments (e.g. cross validation, A/B testing)
Lead one or more of the following areas: time series analysis & forecasting, A/B testing, customer analytics, personalisation & recommender design as well as operational research & optimisation
Setting the vision for the aforementioned areas in alignment with business priorities
Lead the data science part of a cross-functional team across disciplines such as product, engineering, operations, marketing amongst others; identify use cases for data science application
Mentor and manage a team of data scientists at multiple levels
Lead the recruitment and onboarding of data scientists
Disseminate outcomes through talks as well as papers and posters in conferences
- At least 5+ years research and development experience across industry or academia. Holds at least an MSc, and preferably a PhD in a scientific discipline such as Physics, Statistics, Computer Science or Mathematics
- Deep theoretical and applied knowledge in at-least one of the following areas: supervised and unsupervised learning, deep learning, reinforcement learning, game theory, statistical inference, bayesian statistics, causal inference, time series analysis, decision theory, mathematical optimisation
- Significant experience at productionising ideas; from conception to deployment
- Demonstrable experience in managing sizeable teams and where relevant, across multiple geographies
- Ability to juggle multiple strands of work and priorities to meet strict deadlines on complex projects that may span across multiple teams and have many dependencies
- Ability to communicate and present complex ideas to very senior stakeholders and get buy-in
- Ability to build an own relationships with key stakeholders across the business
- Significant experience working with large data sets
- Expert in Python and/or R
- Significant experience with big data (e.g. Scala and Spark) and cloud technologies (AWS, Azure, Google Cloud)
- Command line skills
- Experience in a start-up and/or R&D environments
- Strong presentation skills in communicating with experts and novices
- Fluent spoken and written English
- Our core values are very important to us:
Gas: We think big and take calculated risks to go for all business opportunities, no matter how challenging they are! We work hard as a team and execute fast.
Everyone Wins: We are here for the long run. Glovers, Partners and Users are on the very center of everything we do. If they win, Glovo wins. So for every decision, we make sure we are positively impacting them.
Good vibes: Our teams are built of people that radiate positive energy and managers that are honest and fair. No assholes allowed! We stay optimistic no matter what, infecting each other with positivity, joy, and the desire to spend time together.
Stay Humble: Always act humble: Everybody must roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty to make our big plans a reality. We are tiny! We are conscious of how big the opportunity is and how much we’ve got left to do.
Glownership: Act as one company—one team: Care first about Glovo, not your role or your department. Own your stuff, no question, but go beyond your role; help before you are asked. Everything you need to make things happen, you do it. Glow it!
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
A ticket to the moon sitting on the fastest rocket - an adventure filled with challenges and professional growth
Offices based in trendy Poblenou (L4), 10 min away from the beach
Generous equity pack for all employees
Social benefits (such as fresh fruit every day, free Tuesday lunches from our yummy partners, beers on Fridays, bi-monthly culture days, the best coffee machine in the world,...)
A young, international and talented team, used to work in a fast paced and vibrant way - currently, we are over 800 employees from all over the world!