At Glovo we are constantly looking for talented and passionate engineers to join the team in our Barcelona office.
You are someone who loves working in a high-paced startup environment. You enjoy tackling different problems and take pride in delivering thought-through, well designed, flexible and easy to use solutions. You work well with other top-level engineers and value constructive feedback that helps you grow as a professional. You are not afraid of getting your hands dirty with a platform or technology that you don’t know and see any problem as an opportunity for improvement.
Our mission is to empower customers and live ops agents to resolve any undesirable situation with as little friction as possible. As a part of the Customer Solutions team, you will be thinking about and working on making every case a happy case through automation, self-service systems and easy to use tools. This is a high impact team that is essential to having a profitable and sustainable business.
- Work on one of the most discussed problems in the company
- Be a part of a cross-platform team that works with internal, external and customer-facing products and services
- Develop software using modern engineering approaches and agile principles
- Make our technology and our team scale as the business grows
- Own your deliverables from start to finish
- Deliver high-quality solutions
- Participate in the team’s life and contribute to decision-making
- Mentor and empower other developers around you
- Computer Science or similar degree
- 3+ years of relevant full-time experience
- Strong Java skills
- Experience with scripting languages
- Extensive knowledge of object-oriented programming and software architecture
- Ability to write good unit tests is a must
- Knowledge of relational databases and other approaches to data management
- Knowledge of concurrency and Event Driven Development
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Vivid interest in at least one area outside of coding (architecture, algorithms, optimization, automation, scalability, etc.)
- Good English
- Experience with Spring framework
- Experience with AWS
- Experience with micro-services or service-oriented architectures in general
- Experience with containers
- Experience with Vue.js or other modern frontend technologies
- Experience with 3rd party integrations
- Participation in open source projects
A ticket to the moon sitting on the fastest rocket - an adventure filled with challenges and professional growth
Offices based in trendy Poblenou (L4), 10 min away from the beach
Generous equity pack for all employees
Social benefits (Such as fresh fruit every day, free Tuesday lunches from our yummy partners, beers on Fridays, bi-monthly culture days, the best coffee machine in the world,...)
A young, international and talented team, used to work in a fast paced and vibrant way - currently, we are over 900 employees from all over the world!
- Gas: We think big and take calculated risks to go for all business opportunities, no matter how challenging they are! We work hard as a team and execute fast.
- Everyone Wins: We are here for the long run. Glovers, Partners and Users are on the very center of everything we do. If they win, Glovo wins. So for every decision, we make sure we are positively impacting them.
- Good vibes: Our teams are built of people that radiate positive energy and managers that are honest and fair. No assholes allowed! We stay optimistic no matter what, infecting each other with positivity, joy, and the desire to spend time together.
- Stay Humble: Always act humble: Everybody must roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty to make our big plans a reality. We are tiny! We are conscious of how big the opportunity is and how much we’ve got left to do.
- Glownership: Act as one company—one team: Care first about Glovo, not your role or your department. Own your stuff, no question, but go beyond your role; help before you are asked. Everything you need to make things happen, you do it. Glow it!
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!