Glovo is a Barcelona based tech start-up that is transforming the way consumers access local goods, enabling anyone to get nearly any product delivered in less than 60 minutes. We thrive to make everything in cities immediately accessible. Glovo’s on-demand mobile application connects customers with independent local couriers, who acquire goods from any restaurant or shop in a city and also deliver urgent packages for a variable fee. The platform’s features include geolocation, which allows customers to track their deliveries in real time and locate the nearest glover (courier), thus optimizing speed and distance. It´s like a new personal courier available to everyone that runs your errands immediately and on demand. We're rapidly growing and are now present in more than 17 countries all over Europe, Latin America, Africa, and Asia. But that's just the start, with your talent onboard we'll be a rocket aiming to the moon! If you're interested, head over to our career site and apply!
We are looking for an engineer with a passion for finding security holes and system vulnerabilities to join our Platform team as security engineer.
In this hands on role, you will collaborate with other security, system and backend engineers developing security systems, analyzing current systems for vulnerabilities and handling any cyber attacks in an efficient and effective manner.
- Implement cloud security measures following AWS guidelines.
- Manage network, intrusion detection and prevention systems.
- Perform code reviews for development teams, focusing on security.
- Develop internal security tools.
- Anticipate security alerts, incidents and disasters and reduce their likelihood.
- Manage security incidents and mitigate them.
- Produce incident reports.
- Manage identity and access for employees and external collaborators
- Keep the company compliant with GDPR and other security policies.
- Good communication skills, verbal and written, in English.
- 6 or more months of experience in a similar security position.
- Penetration testing experience.
- Experience working in a cloud-based environment (preferably AWS).
- Proficiency in at least one programing language (preferably Java and Python).
- Experience managing SIEM alerts.
- Bonus Points:
- Experience running code in the cloud and using laaS and PaaS solutions, especially AWS.
- Experience with Docker.
- Experience with non-relational databases
- Our core values are very important to us:
Good vibes: Build a team of people that radiates positive energy. No assholes allowed: Always be upfront, honest and kind. The road we chose is very bumpy. Stay optimistic no matter what.
Everyone Wins: Don’t settle for growth alone. Build a sustainable Glovo that benefits everyone. Consider how every decision makes for the most positive impact possible in the long-term.
Stay Humble: Always act humble: Everybody has to roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty to make our big plans a reality. We invest smartly and keep a close eye on our costs.
Glownership: Act as one company—one team: Pro-Glovo, not pro-department. Think beyond your role; help before you’re asked.
If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
- A ticket to the moon sitting on the fastest rocket - an adventure filled with challenges and professional growth
- Offices based in trendy Poblenou (L4), 10 min away from the beach
- Generous equity pack for all employees
- Social benefits (such as fresh fruit every day, free Tuesday lunches from our, yummy partners, beers on Fridays, bi-monthly culture days, the best coffee machine in the world,...)
- A young, international and talented team, used to work in a fast paced and vibrant way - currently, we are over 900 employees from all over the world!