Glovo is a global player in the on demand delivery space operating in 20+ countries and growing. In 2018 we launched a new city every 4 days on average. This kind of growth has also resulted in an exponential growth of data being generated which we use every day to make intelligent and informed decisions for our business. To process the data generated by the tens of millions of events each day, we have a highly scalable data platform which the business can depend on and are seeking an experienced engineering manager that can lead a team of talented data engineers and be their support backbone.
The engineering manager for our data engineering team will lead a team of talented data engineers to help ensure we continue to scale out our data platform while keeping the team motivated and engaged. You will come from a background of data science or data engineering with experience in leading teams and thrive on seeing your team growing and delivering on impactful projects. You will work with the team to set the vision and help Glovo grow globally with data backed decision making.
- Manage and grow a team of engineers that manage and expand the infrastructure, services and tools that make up our data engineering platform
- Work with the team and business to set the vision and priorities for team and ensure that they are delivering impactful work
- Make use of continuous improvement concepts to ensure the team is always improving in their ways of working and engineering practices
- Ensure the data engineering platform his highly available and supports the needs of the business around the world
- Develop key KPIs for the services owned by the team and ensure goals are met
- Ensure that the team is owning our data engineering capabilities end to end and are motivated, happy and productive.
Degree in computer science or similar
At least 5 years of experience with data engineering tools and technologies
At least 3 years managing a team of engineers with proven ability to grow your team/hire and keep them motivated
Understanding and/or prior experience of distributed systems and systems engineering would be a plus
A deep sense of ownership for what you do with clear, demonstrable experience of proactiveness
Agile software development experience
Ability to understand the impact of changes within an engineering organisation and global business and how best to manage that impact
Our core values are very important to us:
Gas: We think big and take calculated risks to go for all business opportunities, no matter how challenging they are! We work hard as a team and execute fast.
Everyone Wins: We are here for the long run. Glovers, Partners, and Users are in the very center of everything we do. If they win, Glovo wins. So for every decision, we make sure we are positively impacting them.
Good vibes: Our teams are built of people that radiate positive energy and managers that are honest and fair. No assholes allowed! We stay optimistic no matter what, infecting each other with positivity, joy, and the desire to spend time together.
Stay Humble: Always act humble: Everybody must roll up their sleeves and get their hands dirty to make our big plans a reality. We are tiny! We are conscious of how big the opportunity is and how much we’ve got left to do.
Glownership: Act as one company—one team: Care first about Glovo, not your role or your department. Own your stuff, no question, but go beyond your role; help before you are asked. Everything you need to make things happen, you do it. Glow it!If you believe you match these values, we look forward to meeting you!
- A ticket to the moon sitting on the fastest rocket - an adventure filled with challenges and professional growth
- Offices based in trendy Poblenou (L4), 10 min away from the beach
- Social benefits (such as fresh fruit every day, free lunches from our yummy partners once a week, beers on Fridays, Culture Days every 6 weeks, the best coffee machine in the world,...)
- International and talented team, used to work in a fast paced and vibrant way