Glossier is looking for a rockstar Director of Material Planning with deep experience in supply chain management. The position will be responsible for developing and driving strategy for material planning processes, WIP, safety stock and purchasing processes, working closely with demand planning, FP&A, supply chain and logistics teams. As Director of Material planning, you will ensure optimal level of material readiness, provide detailed material analyses, model supply chain scenarios and drive cross-functional process improvements.
- Own and improve material planning processes, including finished good demand translation to each vendor, WIP inventory management, PO timing and quantity, and excess and obsolete analysis and projections.
- Lead operations purchasing for PO placement, tracking, vendor records and invoice approvals, working closely with Accounting and improving purchasing processes.
- Manage skilled team for material planning and purchasing functions, including mentorship and coaching.
- Define and drive ramp plans for new product introductions, including CTB (clear to build) for production runs to ensure on-time delivery and minimize stock-out risk.
- Optimize company inventory levels based on safety stock, on-hand materials, WIP and warehouse stock, including developing detailed processes and checks and balances to ensure cross-functional alignment.
- Translate demand forecast into detailed Vendor forecast, based on inventory on-hand, WIP level, lead times, transportation and known risks
- Work directly with vendors and Global Supply Chain Managers to improve vendor lead times.
- Oversee and manage supply chain issues, such as mass production schedules, materials pipeline, risk buys, and any delays within supply chain nodes. Work with the vendors and the Global Supply Chain Managers on all identified material issues until issues get closed/resolved.
- Provide risk assessments for planning, scheduling, costing, etc. and communicate at an exec-level.
- Ensure optimal costing strategies, based on volume breaks, scheduling, payment terms and any other considerations.
- Coordinate phase-out of excess and obsolete (E&O) materials and the transition to new materials. Provide analysis on E&O in advance to aid optimal decisions regarding timing, and highlight potential liability with recommended solution to management.
- BA/BS degree in Supply Chain, Finance, Industrial Engineering and/or equivalent experience
- 5+ years experience in material planning at a multi-product company
- Detail-oriented and organized with strong planning and program management mindset
- Analytical and data driven problem solving approach
- Ability to communicate cross-functionally with internal partners, leadership and vendors
- Capable of creatively solving new challenges in a fast-paced environment
- Deep understanding of BOM structures and cost roll-up from sub-components to finished goods
- Knowledge of procurement and materials management practices and principles.
- Experience in rapidly growing start-up environment, managing a dynamic team
- Knowledge of ERP systems with a strong understanding of cosmetics and personal care
- Experience in international eCommerce planning and purchasing
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.