Our data stack
- Luigi for ETLs
- AWS to host our infrastructure
- Redshift for our data warehouse
Our Glossier.com stack
- Ruby on Rails for the backend
- GraphQL for our API
- React, Redux, Webpack, and Apollo on the frontend
- AWS to host our infrastructure
- Postgres and Redis
- Swift for our point-of-sale application
In this role, during your first month you’ll:
- Connect with an onboarding buddy, who’ll help you settle in by introducing you to team members throughout Glossier.
- Learn about Glossier’s data engineering principles through pairing sessions with developers.
- Roll up your sleeves by building small features and contributing to code-reviews.
- Get to know the data scientists and BI engineers in the Data Team to contextualize our broader data strategy.
During your first three months you’ll:
- Collaborate with data scientists, data engineers and BI engineers on the Data Team to define and deliver on our data roadmap.
- Deploy improvements to our production data pipeline and data warehouse, and maybe break something! We have a blameless post-mortem process so that when things go wrong, we can make our systems and processes more resilient.
- Set personal development goals with your manager, using our publicly available Engineering ladder as a guide. We have tracks for Individual Contributors and Managers, so you can grow in your career no matter where your interests lie.
During your first year you’ll:
- Build onto our data infrastructure that empowers Glossier to make data-formed decisions and impactful data products.
- Be a flag-bearer of our diverse and inclusive culture.
- Make meaningful additions to a variety of projects of increasing complexity.
- Contribute to an RFC (Request for Comments) proposal (or create your own) that improves our team's culture, processes, or architecture.
- Give a tech talk. We hold internal talks every two weeks – it’s an opportunity for team members to show their work and present on topics relating to our practice.
- Write a blog post on Into The Tech, our Technology team’s blog.
- Have a reputation for being inclusive, innovative, clever, fun, and thoughtful. :)
- Are excited about tackling challenging problems and building creative data solutions.
- Find working in a fast-growing, dynamic, and iterative environment compelling.
About your application and the interview process
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.