Glossier is looking for a legal professional to join our growing legal team. In this position, the successful candidate will interface with our business team leaders to ensure protection of and alignment with present and future intellectual property developments and brand strategies, be the internal lead for all regulatory matters and all dispute and litigation matters, and provide general commercial contracts support to the business.
Role and Responsibilities Include:
- Management, oversight and protection of our intellectual property portfolio, including all aspects of domestic and international trademark, patent, domain name and copyright clearance, registration, maintenance and enforcement, and assisting in the development of our intellectual property strategy, on a worldwide basis
- Management and oversight of any disputes and litigation matters
- Management and oversight of all product and e-commerce regulatory matters
- Supporting our business in drafting and negotiating a variety of operational agreements, including license, marketing, technology, vendor and other commercial contracts
- Providing advice and counsel to the business team leaders on all legal matters affecting your areas of coverage
- Management of outside counsel in your areas of coverage
- Conducting periodic employee trainings on intellectual property and other relevant matters
- Engage in and lead various other Legal projects and duties, including compliance and public policy matters
- Providing substantive support for the rest of the legal team on an as-needed basis
Qualifications and Skills:
- Degree from a top law school with exceptional academic credentials
- 5+ years of relevant experience
- Must be admitted, active and in good standing with the New York State Bar
- Be extremely bright but also have an EQ that matches your IQ, and ability to deal effectively with all levels of employees and management
- Have excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills
- Be detail-oriented, organized, efficient and resourceful with strong follow-through skills
- Have a practical, business-oriented approach to problem solving and be able to effectively counsel clients by providing them with clear, concise and commercial advice, and creative solutions where necessary, on established timelines to meet their business needs
- Have a strong desire to learn the business and function integrally as part of an interdisciplinary team
Glossier is a beauty brand inspired by what girls want in real life, made by editors who get what works. We test every beauty product under the sun, interview our icons, and are in constant conversation with our customers, community, and Into The Gloss readers. Everything we do is distilled into our essential, easy-to-use skincare and makeup products that enhance–never hide–your real skin.
Glossier lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, ships to the US, Puerto Rico, and Canada, and thinks you look nice today.