Glossier is looking for a senior engineer to join our growing team.
Glossier is the beauty brand you want to be friends with. We are a content-driven, direct-to-consumer beauty company creating modern luxury products that are accessible, hard-working, and easy to use. We are trying to fuse content, commerce and conversation into a unique brand and community experience. We are a dedicated team of writers, designers, developers and planners, and we are looking for someone special to join us.
You'll work with the product and design teams on Glossier.com, Intothegloss.com and an exciting list future digital products on our roadmap.
More specifically, you will be:
- Discussing features and how best to implement them with your team with a particular emphasis on usability and maintainability
- Taking an API-first approach to application design and development
- Actively contributing to our shared knowledge and codebases
- Writing robust, well-designed software that delivers great value to the business and that is easy to maintain
- 5+ years of web-development skills, with expertise in Ruby
- A passion for test-driven development and solid object-oriented design
- Strong written and spoken communication skills, and experience mentoring junior developers
- Experience with e-commerce would be a huge plus
Glossier is a beauty brand inspired by what girls want in real life, made by editors who get what works. We test every beauty product under the sun, interview our icons, and are in constant conversation with our customers, community, and Into The Gloss readers. Everything we do is distilled into our essential, easy-to-use skincare and makeup products that enhance–never hide–your real skin.
Glossier lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, ships to the US, Puerto Rico, and Canada, and thinks you look nice today.