Glossier is looking for a Senior Data Manager, Marketing, to join our rapidly growing Data team. You will be the analytical powerhouse that drives our Marketing team, serving as the liaison between our data stack and the business partners. You will work with cross-functional stakeholders to design and implement data solutions to empower channel owners to be most successful.
- Help build a data-driven culture and empower others to proactively use data to make decisions
- Model, analyze and measure success of key marketing and growth initiatives, campaigns and projects
- Partner with the Marketing and Data teams to build out and own a multi-touch attribution model creating a holistic view of the customer journey
- As owner of the attribution model, you will help inform how all channels interact (e.g. cannibalization) through thoughtful experimentation
- Empower the Marketing team to be self-sufficient in accessing data whenever possible, through training of tools
- Serve as a centralized lead for site analytics, working with Product & Marketing to monitor the user funnel, site engagement and channel behavior
- Maintain integrity and hygiene of marketing data across sources, working with engineering, etc. as needed to troubleshoot data issues.
- Source necessary tools in order to best service the Marketing Analytics function at Glossier.
- 5+ years of high performance work in a related field with significant quantitative, analytical experience with a strong focus on marketing
- 2+ years of e-commerce experience (B2C preferred)
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline with strong experience in data & business analysis
- Expert level knowledge of SQL and high proficiency in any of the following tools, languages and platforms:
- Python (preferred) or R
- Looker (preferred), Tableau, or similar
- Google Analytics, Mixpanel, or similar
- Ability to generate complex analyses scalably, reproducibly, and to present subsequent insights to senior management
- Experience in leveraging disparate data to drive efficient, high-impact, performance improvements
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and the desire to bring structure to undefined processes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; must be personable yet persistent
- Must have an enthusiastic, creative, entrepreneurial, self-starter attitude
- Startup experience
- Experience analyzing click-stream data
- Affinity towards reproducibility and scalability over ad-hoc processes
- Experience in experiment design and analysis (A/B testing)
- Not freaked out by command line tools, AWS ecosystem
- Experience applying statistics and data-mining techniques to solve real world problems
Glossier is a beauty brand inspired by what girls want in real life, made by editors who get what works. We test every beauty product under the sun, interview our icons, and are in constant conversation with our customers, community, and Into The Gloss readers. Everything we do is distilled into our essential, easy-to-use skincare and makeup products that enhance–never hide–your real skin.
Glossier lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, ships to the US and Puerto Rico, and thinks you look nice today.