Glossier is looking for a Senior Data Analyst to join our rapidly growing Data team. You will be responsible for extracting and communicating actionable insights from our transactional and behavioral data. You will work with cross-functional stakeholders to design, build and maintain data solutions that reflect business and reporting needs. You will generate scalable, reproducible, data models to drive strategic insights to key areas of the business.
- Help build a data-driven culture and empower others to proactively use data to make decisions
- Help model, analyze and measure success of key marketing and growth initiatives, campaigns and projects
- Work closely with various business units to create reports around key business performance indicators and metrics
- Visualize data and communicate findings across the organization
- Perform one-off analyses around other key business metrics
- 5+ years of high performance work in a related field with significant quantitative and analytical experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in a technical discipline with strong experience in data & business analysis
- Expert level knowledge of SQL and high proficiency in any of the following tools, languages and platforms:
- Python (preferred) or R
- Relational or NoSQL DMS
- Looker (preferred), Tableau, or similar
- Strong visualization skills (ie: D3.js, ggplot2, matplotlib, Looker, Tableau)
- Ability to generate complex analyses scalably, reproducibly, and to present subsequent insights to senior management
- Strong project management skills with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and the desire to bring structure to undefined processes
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills; must be personable yet persistent
- Must have an enthusiastic, creative, entrepreneurial, self-starter attitude
- Data/visualization libraries (pandas, scikit-learn, matplotlib, ggplot)
- Experience in experiment design and analysis (A/B testing)
- Experience analyzing very large data set (e.g. click-stream data)
- Not freaked out by command line tools, AWS ecosystem
- Experience applying statistics and data-mining techniques to solve real world problems
Glossier is a beauty brand inspired by what girls want in real life, made by editors who get what works. We test every beauty product under the sun, interview our icons, and are in constant conversation with our customers, community, and Into The Gloss readers. Everything we do is distilled into our essential, easy-to-use skincare and makeup products that enhance–never hide–your real skin.
Glossier lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, ships to the US and Puerto Rico, and thinks you look nice today.