Glossier is looking for an experienced inventory strategist to ensure most optimized and secured supply of physical products. The position will be responsible for holistic planning and analysis of physical product supply at every mode of supply chain. The position will report into Global Supply Chain team, and will work closely with demand planning team and vendors to lead monthly vendor forecasting, safety stock planning, PO requests, and inventory reconciliation process, across all formula and package inventory.
- Create robust vendor forecast / inventory tracking process with quantitative models
- Apply knowledge on manufacturing process, material flow and yield loss concept into forecast model and safety-stock planning
- Monthly inventory reconciliation process and periodic physical inventory exercise
- Facilitate Purchase Order process between internal and external stakeholders
- Ensure on-time production and delivery of all sustaining programs
- Understand demand inputs such as historical data and customer forecast and work directly with US and UK fulfillment centers to maintain optimal level of inventory turns.
- Communicate inventory shortages and provide options and/or timelines for replenishment to customer service and other stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills and experience working on cross-functional teams.
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- Flexibility to respond and react to a rapidly evolving product environment.
- Continuously build and sustain relationships with vendors ensuring appropriate corrective/preventive actions are effectively implemented.
- BA/BS degree plus 4-6 years or MA/MS/MBA degree
- Strong analytical and quantitative modeling skills
- A team player with superb project management, communication and interpersonal skills
- A creative aptitude/appreciation with a strong grasp of the Glossier brand
- Experience in physical product manufacturing, or similar environment is a big plus