Glossier is looking for an experienced Manufacturing and Quality Expert to help establish robust process around scale-up the packaging and formula mass production. This position will develop, implement, and execute optimized manufacturing process and holistic Quality Assurance SOPs that support each product launch and post-launch troubleshooting in mass production quantity. This person will review DFMs, set production specs, oversees manufacturing issues, identify root causes and own resolution and corrective actions from technical operations perspective.
This position will report into Physical Product team, and work hand-in-hand with cross-functional teams and suppliers on the manufacturing floor whenever necessary.
- Oversee manufacturing activities at each product launch/ batching. Draft, review, and approve Product Specifications, Quality Standards, Inspection SOPs, OOS definitions, tolerance level, and AQLs for each layer of Supply Chain.
- Review DFMs with Contract Manufacturers and help optimize them scale up from lab/ small batch sample level to mass production.
- Build and manage an internal database of Item Codes and Finished Good codes that clearly identify product and launch (BOM code ownership)
- Design and perform functional testing, dimensional analysis, and defective product evaluation for proactive and reactive problem solving.
- Lead supplier facility audits, and review adequacy of supplier’s quality assurance programs for existing and new vendors.
- Interact with suppliers and regulatory agencies in meeting the internal quality and regulatory requirements.
- Help vendors to design optimal incoming, in-line and outgoing quality inspection criteria and testing SOPs.
- Develop in-depth understanding of manufacturing processes and apply this knowledge to influence future product roadmap and product decisions.
- Do whatever it takes to scale up the production and prevent defect escape to end customers.
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, or other technical discipline
- 5+ years of experience within manufacturing, processing, engineering or similar environment in chemical or hardware industry
- Working experience in GMP/cGMP processes and documentation requirements
- Familiar with quality tools utilization in data collection, process control via SQC, SPC, able to use DOE. Six Sigma been certified is a plus
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities
- A team player with strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Able to adapt to frequent domestic/ international business trips (up to 40%), sometimes with a few days’ notice
- Able to multitask and adapt to a rapidly evolving product environment
- A creative aptitude/appreciation with a strong grasp of the Glossier brand