The Global Supply Chain Manager will collaborate closely with Product Marketing and Development teams and Production Planning teams to effectively manage new product launches and build a robust supply chain network. The individual will be responsible for developing and executing sourcing strategies, listed below.
- Timely project management of new product introduction as a liaison of internal cross-functional teams and external stakeholders
- Identify new vendors in market innovation
- Manage vendor relationship and provide feedback via vendor scorecard
- Optimize product margin through proactive cost savings initiatives; analysis on spending, should-cost, benchmarking,
- Develop in-depth understanding of manufacturing processes and costs and market intelligence, and apply this knowledge to influence future product roadmap and sourcing decisions.
- Forecasting and inventory/ order planning
- Do whatever it takes to prevent stock-outs
- Review, draft and negotiate contracts
- BA/BS degree plus 4-6 years or MA/MS/MBA degree
- Knowledge of packaging engineering or working experience in packaging sales is a strong plus
- A team player with strong analytical and strategic thinking skills
- Superb project management, communication and interpersonal skills
- A knack for negotiation
- A creative aptitude/appreciation with a strong grasp of the Glossier brand
- Willingness to travel (15% - 20%)