Glossier is looking for a Regulatory Affairs Manager to join our Legal team! The ideal candidate is a resourceful, energetic, experienced, business-minded and self-motivated individual with at least five years of relevant experience (prior beauty, skincare, cosmetics or personal care regulatory experience a must). The Regulatory Affairs Manager will be Glossier’s liaison on all regulatory compliance issues, confirming that formulas, packaging, and advertising are compliant with local laws and registered in any required jurisdictions. The individual in this role will work closely with our product innovation, development, packaging, and copywriting leads, as well as external advisors as necessary.
- Act as subject matter expert and internal point of contact on all product regulatory affairs.
- Manage formula and packaging compliance with domestic and international regulations for all products.
- Stay abreast of and internally communicate any regulatory changes that may impact products.
- Compile and maintain an organized filing system for all product regulatory documentation, including formulation, testing, safety, technical, and claims information.
- Coordinate, with external advisors as necessary, the registration of products in any required jurisdictions.
- Review all Glossier product artwork, labels and marketing from a regulatory, technical, and claims substantiation perspective.
- Manage relationships with any relevant external advisors, including legal counsel and/or regulatory consultants.
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of relevant experience in the beauty, skincare, cosmetics or personal care industries.
- Excellent communication (written and verbal) and interpersonal skills.
- Extremely detail-oriented, organized, efficient and resourceful with strong follow-through skills.
- Have a strong desire to learn the business and function integrally as part of an interdisciplinary team.
- Prior relevant experience at a well-regarded beauty, skincare, cosmetics, or personal care company.
- Degree in a scientific discipline, such as chemistry, biology, or toxicology.
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.