We are looking for a freelance (with potential to come on full-time) still-life beauty and/or lifestyle Photographer to join our in-house Creative team. The role will be an integral member of the team, responsible for creating content and instrumental in evolving and enhancing the story of a growing beauty brand. The ideal candidate will be able to work out of our office in NYC at least 2-3 days per week.
Our in-house Creative team is responsible for a range of content -- from Glossier’s brand voice and messaging, retail/experiential production, to product and packaging design for each of our products. The role will report into the Head of Creative Ops & Production.
- Shoot and retouch in-house photography needs including, but not limited to website (homepage, product page), quick turnaround/rolling content, and our marketing channels (i.e. social, OOH, Into The Gloss, POS materials)
- Shoot composed, lifestyle photography, and product silo shots
- Manage third party image retouching
- Manage in-house photo studio and on-location photography needs including but not limited to photo equipment, photography software, photo assistant, etc.
- Work closely with the Senior Creative Producer to organize, set up, and maintain shoot calendar to ensure all deliverables meet deadlines
- Meet daily production goals and maintain quality standards
- Work closely with our Senior Print & Packaging Production Manager to manage image files and metadata
- Collaborate on brand and style guide photography direction
- Collaborate with team on concept / creative guidelines
- Bachelor’s Degree in Photography or equivalent
- 4+ years work experience in photography, both still-life product and talent
- Retouching and photo editing
- Knowledge of all photographic formats and files, color management and photo/video equipment
- Expert in the Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign)
- Ability to see projects through from concept to execution
- Accustomed to work in an environment requiring flexibility and multi-tasking
- Knowledge of a wide variety of digital photo systems, software, workflows
- Technical knowledge of camera types, image processing and color temperature / balancing
- Ability to work out of our office in NYC at least 2-3 days per week
- Experience shooting and editing video
- Ability to travel
- Passion for Glossier and the brand
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race,color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.