Our in-house Creative team is responsible for a range of content -- from Glossier’s brand voice and messaging, retail/experiential production, to product and packaging design for each of our products. We are looking for a freelance (with potential to come on full-time) Video Editor who is a storytelling expert and proficient in all aspects of post-production. The ideal candidate will be able to work out of our office in NYC at least 2-3 days per week.
Our in-house Creative team is responsible for a range of content -- from Glossier’s brand voice and messaging, retail/experiential production, to product and packaging design for each of our products. The role will report into the Head of Creative Operations & Production.
- Edit short-form videos from scratch for our various channels (website, paid social and display, email and other owned channels), using impeccable creative instincts and industry best practices
- Drive all aspects of the video post-production process -- from ingesting footage following a shoot, to creating dailies, to exporting for final delivery
- Develop motion graphics brand guidelines & graphics for titles, lower thirds, bumpers, end cards
- Manage HD video workflow across formats, locations, and delivery stages
- Bachelor’s Degree in Film, Photography or equivalent
- 3+ years of video editing experience
- Strong attention to detail, an eye for quality
- Experience editing in the digital space for web and social distribution
- Ability to both give and take direction
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently in order to meet deadlines
- Expert in digital technology and editing software packages (e.g. Lightworks, Final Cut Pro, Premiere Pro, After Effects)
- Extensive knowledge of color grading and excellent sense of pace and timing
- Experience working with tight deadlines
- An open mind, strong work ethic and great verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work out of our office in NYC at least 2-3 days per week
- Beauty and/or lifestyle experience strongly preferred
- Onset DIT experience
- Knowledge and appreciation of the Glossier brand
- Ability to shoot and produce smaller scale projects / see a video project through from concept through post-production
- Motion tracking, blurring, screen replacements and object removal
- Ability to work weekends or after hours when necessary
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race,color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.