Glossier is looking for a highly effective, creative and dynamic leader to head up our People Operations team as the Director of People Operations and Experience. This role will be responsible for creating a best-in-class employee experience, designing and managing our compensation and total rewards programs, and developing HR processes and policies. This leader will be a critical player in evolving and managing Glossier’s culture, and it will require strategic perspective and hands-on operational management.
- Lead the strategic direction of the People Operations and Experience function at Glossier to provide an exceptional employee experience for all People related programs and processes
- Establish HR processes and policies for a company that is growing and scaling, utilizing technology to drive operational efficiency (e.g., onboarding, offboarding, transfers, promotions, performance management)
- Develop competitive compensation and benefits programs working with the Operations Manager to conduct annual compensation reviews
- Identify opportunities to use technology and automation to drive efficiencies across all of the People team; Own the HR Technology Roadmap
- Build compliance across all activities, including maintaining documentation around all employee relations and performance issues, off-boarding and legal matters
- Thoughtfully communicate the status of key initiatives and programs to all levels of the company
- 10-12+ years of relevant experience in a rapidly scaling start-up
- Bachelor’s degree
- Natural ability to build trust and relationships across all levels; Collaborative
- Process and operationally-minded person, easily able to connect the dots and drive efficiencies
- Strong project management skills with the ability to bring structure to new and undefined processes
- Demonstrated ability to drive projects from strategy through execution
- Excellent communication skills, with an ability to drive change management
- Thrives in an entrepreneurial environment of constant change
- Experience building and managing a team
- Compensation and benefits experience
- Experience in global HR, specifically in Canada and the UK
- Appreciation for all things beauty
- Well versed in current HR regulations and compliance
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.