We are looking for a Communications Manager to be based in London who will be responsible for driving Glossier’s PR strategy and initiatives in the UK, as well as new European markets. This person will partner closely with our Marketing and International teams to effectively communicate Glossier’s brand message and company announcements. The ideal candidate is creative, organized and ambitious individual with a true passion for brand storytelling and community.
- Develop and drive the global PR strategy for the UK and secondary European markets; owning the strategic PR plan across all media
- Manage all of Glossier’s European agency partners for success, including daily communication, product launch plans, new market launches, and larger feature and brand storytelling
- Identify key goals and KPIs for agency partners, reporting back to the US communications team on performance
- Liaise directly with the US communications team to ensure optimal information flow, streamlining processes, messaging, and objectives across markets
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with key members of UK and international press, serving as the European spokesperson for interview requests, press days, etc.
- Support other marketing channels as needed in the London office, including community and offline
- 5+ years of relevant work experience, either in house or at an agency (both preferred)
- Deep understanding of and passion for Glossier’s mission
- Good general understanding of wider marketing functions and savvy across social media
- Strong relationships with print and digital media and influencers within the UK; good knowledge of European media landscape
- Experience concepting and producing offline events––excellent taste is a must
- First-class written communication and interpersonal skills; must be personable yet persistent
- An analytical mind—the ability to process and make decisions based on data and instinct
- Goal-oriented without sacrificing an experimental and creative streak
- Highly proactive, entrepreneurial and self-motivated with a strong work ethic and go-getter attitude, able to lead projects without supervision
- Highly efficient, detail-oriented and organized with the ability to and work across multiple concurrent projects; willingness to get hands dirty and swim outside lane - we are a start-up!
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.