Glossier is looking for a Print Production Artist as part of our Creative Operations and Production team. Our in-house team is responsible for a range of Creative — from Glossier’s brand voice and messaging, to video and photo production, to product and packaging design for each of our products.
This role is responsible for maintaining brand consistency and integrity across all printed assets. Ideal candidates are enthusiastic about the production process, comfortable with following creative direction, self-motivated and can work both independently and collaboratively. They oversee the end-to-end production details of packaging mechanicals and various printed collateral pieces and are able to manage multiple projects and meet deadlines. This role reports to Senior Manager, Print Production.
- Build and release complex packaging mechanicals for a variety of primary and secondary components
- Starting from a single design spec, version out packaging mechanicals in several shades and languages
- Build and release mechanicals for a variety of printed collateral including postcards, posters, out of home, and direct mail
- Provide the final technical checkpoint before any print file is released to vendor
- Ensure that all photography and artwork assets are at optimal resolution and color space
- Follow and maintain brand identity standards across all touch points
- Basic image retouching and editing as needed
- Color proofing and printer calibration as needed
- 2+ years experience as a production artist or graphic designer in a technically challenging field
- Experience with product packaging mechanicals is ideal but not required
- BFA in design, fine arts, printmaking, or similar
- A deep understanding and appreciation for typography and design
- An exceptional eye for detail in regards to layout, color, hierarchy, and balance
- Ability to manage multiple projects, prioritize own workload, and work independently
- Expert knowledge of Mac OS X and Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Acrobat.
- Professional understanding of traditional and digital print processes
- Professional understanding of color management and proofing
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.