At Glossier, we work in product teams that ship features to production early, then iterate based on internal and customer feedback. We pay attention to performance, write tests for our code, and care about design. We are also mindful of building an inclusive culture, where decisions are made transparently and we support each other's learning and growth.
Our technology stack
- Ruby on Rails for the backend
- GraphQL for our API
- React, Redux, Webpack, and Apollo on the frontend
- AWS to host our infrastructure
- Postgres, Redis, and Redshift
- Swift for our point-of-sale application
In this role, during your first month you’ll:
- Connect with an onboarding buddy, who’ll help you settle in by introducing you to team members throughout Glossier.
- Learn about Glossier’s engineering principles through pairing sessions with developers.
- Get to know the engineers and managers who’ll be reporting to you by facilitating handoffs with their previous manager.
During your first three months you’ll:
- Collaborate with engineers, product managers, and designers across product teams to define and deliver on our roadmap.
- Make our systems and processes more resilient by facilitating a blameless post-mortem when things go wrong.
- Look for opportunities to improve the experience of working at Glossier. We're always interested in trying techniques that build communication and trust in the team.
- Set personal development goals, both for you and your reports. Our Engineering ladder is publicly available, and is a useful tool to help support the growth of our team.
During your first year you’ll:
- Be a part of incredible product launches that change the way people talk about beauty online.
- Give clear and actionable feedback to leaders at Glossier, and train them on how to do the same for their reports.
- Be a flag-bearer of our diverse and inclusive culture.
- Build the team by finding amazing engineers and improving our interview experience.
- Guide our architecture and design efforts by serving as the technically-savvy voice that asks business and product questions. You’ll ensure that the code we are writing matches the product and business needs and can scale appropriately as those needs grow.
- Contribute to Glossier's presence in the technology community through speaking engagements, industry meet-ups, or writing articles for our Into The Tech blog.
- Have a reputation for being inclusive, innovative, clever, fun, and thoughtful. :)
- Have experience with managers reporting into you, or you’re ready to take the step up.
- Are motivated by working in a fast-growing, dynamic, and iterative environment.
About your application and the interview process
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.