Glossier is looking for a highly-motivated, organized, detailed-oriented and process-driven document control leader to manage our Product Lifecycle Management (PLM) system, a platform to manage all documentation from concept through to production and launch for all products, reformulations and special projects. In addition to day-to-day requirements of being our master of product data, this person will be responsible for continually managing and evolving the documentation processes in Product Operations - including integrating people and processes, and developing the team’s product information backbone. She/he will collaborate with all Glossier teams, enabling one source of truth for our products - no small feat!
- Set guidelines for Material Master data and Bill of Material (BOM) structures based on inputs from Packaging, R&D, Product Development, Creative, Product Operations, Logistics, Finance
- Manage implementation and on-going support of Glossier’s new PLM system
- Define and implement processes for PLM system, including mapping data inputs/outputs, designing workflows and focusing on simplicity and repeatability
- Assist product development, program management and operations teams with on-time material and BOMs setup in support of project schedules
- Develop guidelines for assigning item numbers, redlining BOMs and documenting feedback from both internal teams and vendors
- Align and evolve cross-functional processes that feed into BOM creation, product changes, vendor data management, product development and quality management
- Generate reports, analyze data and present conclusions that give the team visibility on product releases, change statuses and effective dates
- Validate BOMs for MRP, Operations and Financial Planning requirements
- Develop SOPs for documentation and control of records related to Product Specifications, IP, Regulatory and Quality
- Ensure consistency of material master data fields in PLM with other business management systems
- Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering, Science, Finance, or Supply Chain Management
- 3+ years product master data, specifications management, quality control, operations and/or supply chain planning experience
- Thorough understanding of material specifications data, product BOM structures
- Proficiency in MS Office and Google-suite tools
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills; ability to produce and present clear status reports in a tactful and candid manner
- Ability to support multiple projects (both tactical and strategic) in parallel
- Ability to establish clear project scope, deliverables and resource gaps
- Experience managing programs in a fast-paced, startup environment
- Experienced with Master Data, BOM structures and PLM software implementation
- 5+ years of CPG experience
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.