We are looking for a highly organized, motivated, and execution-focused Director, Email Marketing to lead our email marketing program from strategy to execution. The ideal candidate possesses a strong desire to work in a fast-paced environment and is excited to play a pivotal role in supporting Glossier’s growth and retention efforts. This role would be a part of the Performance Marketing team and report to the Executive Director, Performance Marketing.
- Develop overall email strategy/roadmap, define key priorities, and oversee the execution of multiple campaigns with a specific focus on driving acquisition, retention and re-acquisition
- Drive strong performance across a variety of email campaigns including transactional, acquisition, onboarding, content promotion and reacquisition campaigns, constantly refining communications across the consumer lifecycles
- Define KPIs for individual email marketing campaigns and establish quarterly goals, generate forecasts, and compile weekly/monthly reporting for all major insights. Share insights/trends with the team and with key stakeholders
- Develop and optimize drip email programs and define the business logic behind customization, campaign prioritization, and frequency caps
- Lead complex targeting and personalization strategies to deliver the right message to the right consumer at the right time to drive retention & acquisition, reduce churn, while maintaining strong engagement
- Manage development, hypotheses and execution of our email testing program
- Proactively research and identify new opportunities to further drive revenue through customer campaigns and improve marketing efficiencies
- Oversee the development of email editorial calendars to understand key initiatives and maximize use of the email channel to drive awareness & engagement
- Provide strong leadership to direct reports, proactively developing them and setting up opportunities for success
- 7+ years of experience across all facets of email marketing, including campaign strategy/development, messaging, customer segmentation, lifecycle optimization, deliverability, and AB/multivariate testing with specific experience in B2C, preferably in the ecommerce or direct-to-consumer space
- Experience and comfortability in analyzing and manipulating data in Excel, especially to draw meaningful insights that inform current and future strategy
- Strong combination of being data-informed and creative, while knowing how to effectively balance the two to achieve results
- Ability to balance short-term gains with long-term impact. Ability to foresee the long-term impact of those short-term gains and properly utilize that knowledge to determine the appropriate next steps
- Familiarity with HTML and web content management systems. Experience with database management systems strongly preferred.
- Experience utilizing the full capabilities of an ESP
- Experience with deliverability and CAN-SPAM regulations
- Highly collaborative with a passion for analytics, innovative marketing, and creative excellence
- Excellent written, verbal, and presentation skills
- Ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Highly knowledgeable about industry best practices and future trends
Glossier is a beauty company that lives in NYC, is sold on the internet, and promotes a skincare-first philosophy that celebrates beauty in real life.
We are an Equal Employment Opportunity (“EEO”) Employer. It has been and will continue to be a fundamental policy of Glossier not to discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, religion, gender, gender identity, pregnancy, marital status, partnership status, domestic violence victim status, sexual orientation, age, national origin, alienage or citizenship status, veteran or military status, disability, medical condition, genetic information, caregiver status, unemployment status or any other characteristic prohibited by federal, state and/or local laws. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including hiring, promotion, demotion, compensation, training, working conditions, transfer, job assignment, benefits, layoff, and termination.